Love/hate the game

S

Selfishgiver86

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How do people feel about advice givers on online tables. Are they just annoyed at losing chips to a less superior starting hand or genuinely trying to help?

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most advice I've seen is genuine, but not appreciated.
Several threads, in line with my observations, is that it usually is a bad idea to give advice at the table (obviously AFTER the hand). This is better done in the forum.

Z

Zer0-0uts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like when players, "give advice" at a live table. It lets me get inside their head and see how they think. As Mike Caro says, it is my job to figure out if the speach they are giving is an act, or it is honestly what they think. Then once I have made up my mind as to which of the two it is, I can use this knowledge against them in future hands. However, when I play online I rarely ever have the chat box open until I get to the final table.

:evil:Zer0:evil:

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I during the online tournament try not to communicate with anyone and does not give anyone the Board. If someone criticizes my game, I just don't pay much attention to it.:)

A

aces4allin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You learn to live with it m8 and just manage your bankroll to include the shocking losses cause they will happen with the amount of hands you will see

The Boss

The Boss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do people feel about advice givers on online tables. Are they just annoyed at losing chips to a less superior starting hand or genuinely trying to help?

It is likely both. Some players may be so enraged by what could be perceived as a poor play and thus makes a "correction" in the chat in order to feel as though this loss was done by luck. Other players may genuinely try to help out of kindness.

Now I will listen in to people who try to give information because it exposes what their skill level is along with what their strategic preferences are. An example is seeing people online saying that a player should have gone all-in with AA when the player holding the pair was UTG, and his CSI was high. From a comment like that, I can infer the player who gave this tip about going all-in with AA is clearly a beginner... or a salty troll.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find it very annoying that people try to mislead in the game, so when I play, I do not respond to anyone and I do not write to anyone.

Top 10 Games