Lockdown

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So the whole world is on lockdown (or supposed to be) and we all have more free time to fill. I know I have been filling some of that time with study and playing, but as an attorney, I have been overwhelmed with work. However, I have noticed that a lot of sites have had a bunchof crashes with all of the extra traffic. So...how have you all been dealing with the lockdown? Have you been blowing up the tables or finding other ways to fill your time?

Z

zamozam

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
here studying my poker and my chess abilities staying home with books and articles that helps me go into the right path of the game.

boo_maju

boo_maju

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to cook and do some things in the kitchen. Also, for a few hours a day looking for poker material and reading or forum. I am reading and looking to learn to use some poker tools, as I am new to the online game.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is time to more read books and listen to music. There is plenty of time for poker! I think that we can throw off the daily running and the anxious situations. It is time for thinking. Thinking about this strange situation and how and why we are in this!

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now, in my free time from poker, I play chess with my computer, in my youth I played well, had awards, and with the advent of poker, I threw chess, now I bring chess thinking a little bit in order. Sincerely, Sergey.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was transferred at work half the salary and sit at home. Called as needed. Engaged in minor repairs around the house and play the online game Warface.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I’m medical worker, I don’t have much time to spend on anything that is related with poker. I hope that that this situation with corona virus will end soon, and we all can go back to our regular life.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'd been largely in self-isolation for a year before this started so it's not really much of a change for me...

If anything I've been playing a little less poker, but intend to put that right going forward...

Twitch has been keeping me company/entertained/occupied for the most part.. Can recommend GJReggie, Pyefacepoker and RichyRob on there... ;)

Regards.

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I've noticed the same thing too on various poker platforms of tournaments and other events running into issues, possibly because of the increased traffic. Happened to Cardschat's freeroll on ACR/BCP. Not happening frequently enough where it'd raise too many red flags, but perhaps these issues are a glimpse of things to come if they cannot handle the increased traffic.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So the whole world is on lockdown (or supposed to be) and we all have more free time to fill. I know I have been filling some of that time with study and playing, but as an attorney, I have been overwhelmed with work.

As an attorney, no wonder you have been overwhelmed with work nowadays, with all the people suing the coronavirus. I bet you envy the doctors and nurses, them slackers can play all the freerolls they want :)

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
In that situation poker helps me to remain normal.Poker saves my identity.

blackclover

blackclover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this crisis I play poker more after doing all the chores and cook for my son.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pokerstars these days is quite laggy. Yesterday i could not even login for the CC 100$ freeroll for round 30 minutes. When i finally entered there were cases when i click on the button to call and more than 10 seconds pass before action is accepted. I have not seen so much active players simultaneously since years with very few exceptions (like the 100K GTD MTT with 0.01$ entrance long time ago). Obviously sites will need some time to upgrade their systems and adjust for the big number of players.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here in Latvia the lockdown is more of a news theme and something everybody's talking about. But I do not feel that YET that it somehow would restrict my life. Yes, all but most essential institutions are shut down. It's just that I personally do not feel the lack of them YET.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
31.03.We have to carry musks.Obligatory.2500 fine.What else will bring us the day after tomorrow.?

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I unfortunately work now in trade and now work more and harder, all 12 hours in gloves and mask, constantly disinfection, and most importantly hard to communicate with people, many have become angrier, this is a reaction to fear.

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The bad side is that it is a very difficult situation with this pandemic, because we are going through a difficult time around the world, the good thing is that we are more time at home and we can play more and study more. Not to mention that the poker rooms had an increase in players mainly recreational, so for those who are already profitable in the game it is very good because the prizes increase and there are weaker players as well.

OneSevenFi5

OneSevenFi5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've found myself naturally adjusting to the microstakes MTT times lmao. Nothing else to do really. Bought a fancy Curved Ultrawide monitor for the house so I can run like 5 tournaments and watch netflix at the same time haha