Originally Posted by Braiinfreeze
Hey, thanks for the reply!
My main focus has been studying live poker tells actually.
I'm aware there's casino rules/etiquette, but I'm really not up to speed with any of it. Could you give me some of the general rules that'll force a penalty, or make you lose respect? .. I want to maintain my image at the table, and I don't wanna be labeled as a fish within the first 5 minutes of play.
the rules that will get you into the most trouble;
1. acting out of turn - may be binding, may give off tells, may get you trapped
2. string betting- may not allow you to bet what you want
3. showing cards with action pending - penalty, may be dead hand
4. verbally announcing jocular action - like saying all in as a joke, but now its binding
5. mis-raises, undercalls - may not be betting what you want to be
most of all jsut pay attention, do not get all wrapped up in whats happening around you, follow the action