Live poker AA vs AA chop?

an9312

an9312

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
today in a live game I witnessed AA vs AA all in preflop, the board hit 4 clubs to give one person the win.
is it possible to Chop AA vs AA after seeing pre flop allins? and would you do it?

F

forest_leaves

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you saying, chop without having to see the community cards ?Like if both players see other have AA just split ? Honestly I dont think many players would agree to do it, as its a chop anyway unless its a flush

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It's rare, but it happens. You have to understand that you made the right move and move on.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The dealer must deal the cards. a winner is determined and has to be payed accordingly. if it is a tournament that has to happen. cash game i guess you could ask the dealer to chop but he would have to call the supervisor to get approval. a dealers must only deal until a winner is determined. you would raise all kinds of red flags if he didnt.

CTAPYXA

CTAPYXA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unbelievable and rare bad luck. But with a pocket pair of AA, I'd go all-in, too.

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have seen games (Cash games) Where players realize they have the same hand after going all in preflop and they agree to chop it without seen the flop. It always depends on the rules also for sure.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think I'd chop it, but I may ask if the other guy wants to run it twice hoping to :tomato: a flush.

an9312

an9312

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the responses. I had just not heard of the fact you could possibly chop AFTER pre flop raising...

Organize a Home Poker Game