Originally Posted by twinny90
Watching the other players is key, thats why I'm a much better live player than online. You can pick up on things watching th other players.
1. Wait til it's your turn to look at your cards
2. watch the other players as they look at their cards
3. Tip your dealer
4. pay attention
5. quit playing if getting tired
1. Discuss hand in progress
2. make your own change the dealer will handle that
3. Act out of turn
4. lose money
5. lose money
Here are a few things to look for in other players
1. when the flop hits watch to see if they look at their chips they hit the flop
2. acting quickly is usually a sign of weakness
3. If they look at their cards and then look like they dont care they probably have a big hand
4. if they grab chips look at you and then end up checking they have a weak hand ( they try to make it look like they wanted to bet so you wont)
5. Happy feet this one is hard to spot watch their shoulders for movement if they have a big hand people will start bouncing their leg because they cant wait to bet.
If you get to a showdown and other player announces his hand dont muck til they show it. I think its always best to flip your cards over at showdown because sometimes you misread your hand and since cards read you wont mis out on a mis read hand. Don't react to the flop or turn or river if your not in the hand, this gives unfair information to the other players, for instance lets say you look down and have J 2 off so you muck, and then th flop comes J J 4 if you react by looking pissed or making a disgust sound this lets a player in the hand know that you probably folded a J and now they know the other player likely does not have a J.