Is Liv Boeree a Strong Player or Good Marketing?

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what you think? :)
s39757decfd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both. Having a degree in Physics must make the math part of poker more easy for her.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Besides a good poker player she is also a scientist and a guitar player. I always cheer for her to win.

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course she gets the attention that she gets based on her looks. She is a good player though.

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
To borrow from another site:
Apparently, it's impossible for women to be smart and beautiful at the same time. :rolleyes: I can't believe shite like this is STILL brought up. Makes me wonder why there's still a debate on why more women aren't in poker. :puke:
Lhomd5xjv9l11

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She just made a FT yesterday in a WCOOP $5300 high roller. So yeah she's pretty good

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
She won san remo EPT 2008 so shes a fine player..you dont get that by luck alone..she has also took down sunday warm up on stars before as i have railed her and spoken to her in the past..shes a top player but her fella - Igor is much better!

AR AR AR AR

Aristodemus_

Aristodemus_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're not a good player and you enter the level of buy-ins that she does you will find yourself broke pretty damn fast. Of course she is a good player, nobody hands over chips at the table for free. She may get sponsorship advantages because she is good looking (like Kournikova did in tennis) but that's it.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
My favorite player, no doubt, is Liv Boeree and maybe Vanessa Russo.
In my opinion, they are the best.

DomGov

DomGov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watch her play, there's literally hundreds of clips out there.. she's damn good.

Kind of a silly question here.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
She has multiple degrees in advanced mathematics which obviously means she’s very intelligent. She has won millions in tournaments. Obviously she gets less credit because double standards and being an attractive woman. She’s not still hanging around in today’s difficult poker climate because she’s a pretty face. Obviously she’s doing something right.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello.
My favorite player, no doubt, is Liv Boeree and maybe Vanessa Russo.
In my opinion, they are the best.

I cannot stand Russo, i think it comes from watching big brother and how she played. great poker play though!

miamia

miamia

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She is good in Omaha games too.Thinks she is be guest on Poker school class when she is represent Omaha games and yes,she is beautiful too.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Obviously she is pretty.
But in my opinion, she plays poker at a fairly high level.
I think her achievement is a daily hard work.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
She is a good player but is over-hyped and overrated.

U

UnderTokerr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no doubt she is a great poker player regardless of her appearance .. i do wonder if it gives her a little advantage tho to be so distracting to some of the "social awkward" players lol

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She is alright. Nothing great. By the way I am a donk player.

G

GameTooHard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She's obviously a pretty good player. It's likely she gets slightly more TV time, access to higher games due to her being a "rare" type of player (attractive female) but that seems fair given that she probably has to take a fair bit of crap.

A

animalitymk3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She's okay. I think it's mostly marketing. Any girl that plays poker will attract attention for male players, which the market is mostly. She probably hasn't been through the hells a real professional has to do to try and pay bills.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched a lot of broadcasts with her participation in tournaments and cash games and I believe that Liv Bori is a good poker player, and the fact that she is a beautiful girl is very good for her to be a poker marketing, I really like and very pleased to see her in poker at tournaments !

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I never saw her. Heres how you can tell. If a man makes that move is he great. If he is great then Liz should be great.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like Liv Boeree. She is the star of poker reportages. She combines marketing, beauty and a good poker player.

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
She is a good player but is over-hyped and overrated.

She is alright. Nothing great. By the way I am a donk player.

She's okay. I think it's mostly marketing. Any girl that plays poker will attract attention for male players, which the market is mostly. She probably hasn't been through the hells a real professional has to do to try and pay bills.
Yes, 4 million in poker winnings, I just don't know how she manages to be rated as a good poker player while being pretty. I'm sure she needs to leave the game to the "real" professionals. :rolleyes:

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I saw a clip where Phil Helmuth tried to slow-play pockets aces OOP against her. I Would never do that. I was in a state of shock after I saw that. What was he thinking? You have to at least try to build the pot up after the flop.
Although I do agree that her beau Igor is a much better player than she is.

Last edited: