On Line collusion experiences

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you ever worried about collusion when playing online and if so, at which site (‘s)?

A

Arromask

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Играя на pokerstars, вы все больше убеждаетесь в том, что невозможно выиграть хороший турнир. Как всегда, даже с верхней парой, движущейся с какой-то ерундой. Это говорит о том, что боты играют за столом, или игровой клиент так или иначе помогает отдельным игрокам. И это касается не только MTT, но и cash games

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Worried at all sites. I'm sure that some collusion is caught, but there is no reporting back to player as to how much was taken via cheating and how the refund, if any, is calculated to each affected player. It's an inevitable risk of playing online anywhere.

Z

Zinniah

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Was at a live tourney and heard 2 guys bragging about how they have 3 to 4 buddies all sitting at the same table knowing each others hole cards. They never said the sites but im sure this goes on, on a lot of sites.

M

Meepomancer1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are afraid of collusion, try playing zoom. You'll see that it's impossible to sit on the same table as your friend when the tables are constantly being shuffled.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you are afraid of collusion, try playing zoom. You'll see that it's impossible to sit on the same table as your friend when the tables are constantly being shuffled.
Even this is not necessarily true. On 888 there are maybe two dozen players on the lowest stakes of Snap (same as Zoom). I like to mark players that I see repeatedly at my table (because I think there is a reason behind this observation). I have seen a person at four of my tables in a row. Generally, with multi-tablers, this number grows. There are also other issues with Zoom and Snap that I won't get into here.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i was playing in PokerStars... was at table 2 Brazilians talking in Portuguese all the time.. i caught my name in their conversation
it made me uncomfortable that they friends and in pots together and talkin of me

i told a poker friend and asked if i should report it?

he tell me no be paranoid.. "if they collude it be on telephone and mention you? like speculating size of your boobs"

geeeze

uriell

uriell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Collusion can be real. But there is no way to take something. For example, in the experience - 2 Brazilians, one has more chips, the second has less, they can simply discharge to the side of the one with more chips. It turns out he doubles and he has more chances to win.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
That's called chip dumping, which is a form of collusion.