Letting a hand go.

D

danny cook

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have trouble letting go of 2nd pair when im playing. How can I stop that?

lsbenn

lsbenn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think about the chips you will be losing and you can save them for a better hand.
Disciplining yourself is hard but you have to try and when you do it will feel good.

It feels better to make the right move than the wrong one.

A

Aknight3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gotta always look at the board...is there flush/straight out? Dont call if u know ur beat just cuz ur hand is good

J

JEasyy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have trouble letting go of 2nd pair when im playing. How can I stop that?
Sounds like you are a step ahead of the game and you already know it's a problem! Literally all you have to do is recognize you are about to do it... and dont.

KJoff4u

KJoff4u

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its not bad to bet 2nd hand, long as it isn't going to take a big bite out of your stack.

If the bet ahead of you is small enough, and nobody around back, it is sometimes worth it to see another card cheap. But also, there are alot of bluffers. Gauge their bet.....does it indicate strength? Or weakness?

KJoff4u

KJoff4u

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think about the chips you will be losing and you can save them for a better hand.
Disciplining yourself is hard but you have to try and when you do it will feel good.

It feels better to make the right move than the wrong one.

I 2nd this. Be patient, especially in a deep stack tourney.

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really recommend you watch some of negreanu folds. He thinks through every possibility and often makes a right decision. I said this because its not problem for him to fold virtually anything as long as he believes he is beaten.

D

da22duke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its really all about the situation. Have to factor in the odds of what could come and typically with second pair you arent drawing to a ton that can greatly improve your hand...

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on who you are playing with/how many players in the pot(aggressive,tight player(s)), how the hand played out before the flop(was there a lot of raising going on or was it a limped pot) and the board texture(is it a dry board or a wet board?)

Ex. If there is a lot of people in the hand 5+ players on a dry board in a limped pot you shouldn't go broke with two pair that often especially if there is a lot action on the flop,turn,river. Thats not to say you shouldn't be aggressive with your hand and get value from it, but you should definitely be cautious if you get played back at.

A

aj43615

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have the same problem...but as said above...i look at board and see what i could possibly be beat by...if theres a flush or straight on board...i could feel like im beat and fold...but it does depend on how the whole hand went and how the bets went...if flop comes 2 diamonds and someone 3 bets...then another diamond comes and they 4 bet or raise my bet...i could believe im beat by a flush....but i have the problem with 'i just want to see if im beat' is why i call....because of the terrible word 'bluff' thats in poker... lol...

S

spinnyc

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if youre gut tells you to fold fold

what i have said in title ur reading of the game/person should count as much as what hand your holding especially mediocre hands like two pair if for example some has raised in medium position and you call and flop two pair its also likely if ur being re raised after flop or put all in that ur opponent has flopped a set or has alot of equity/outs, you should ask yourself how far do i want to go with the second weakest hand?

iamtoldurghey

iamtoldurghey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its hard to ma Kime a pair .play it gard and fast and pray for 2 pair then smash the value button.

iamtoldurghey

iamtoldurghey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its hard to make a pair hold on to em .

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just lost on two pair in my free roll. Its hard to walk away from.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands