Lets talk business

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think its better to play with your own money or to sell stakes to investors? I personally think everybody who is confident in themselves and have big enough bankroll should play with their own money.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lot of the successful players are staking as an investment on their money. Poker is a business, this is a good way to make money. Why not do both?

xxxSSSxxx

xxxSSSxxx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me only my money. I don't like to depend on anyone but myself.:icon_rr:

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont like to "stake" people.. I dont speak english very well i dont know if giving someone money for free so they dont have preassure its staking.. But i like more to do that..

I dont like the part of taking some part of winnings if i dont play

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well it can be extremely profitable for you and the investor when selling stake since I'd imagine the investor has a 'stable' of horses including yourself where you get to learn and be coached much more. But the downside of being part of these stables is that if you have a bad year, you'll be stuck in 'make-up' and be crushed by the debt you ultimately owe. Professional pokers who are unable to make-up that debt aren't seen in the world of poker ever again because they have no choice but to quit playing it professionally.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think its better to play with your own money or to sell stakes to investors? I personally think everybody who is confident in themselves and have big enough bankroll should play with their own money.
It's all about bankroll management. For cash I play with at least 20BBs, and for MTTs I play with at least 50BBs (small field 30-100 players) 100BBs (mid size fields 101-200) 150BBs (Large fields 201+) I will keep my share of the buy in within those ranges and sell the rest.

SSorin18

SSorin18

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are a skilled player you could raise your bankroll,so that YOU can have more money of YOUR OWN,so that you can play MORE FOR YOURSELF by investing for others..at least in the beginning..

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
exactly, since you know your chances of improving your funds without the need for terseros or that is my thought

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You do not want to let your friends make money?:)

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

A moot point. It’s more convenient for me to use my money. Not such a responsibility.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have very big doubts that if you are a bad player someone will want to invest in your game !!! to get an investment you need to play a plus or so !!!Of course, if you are a good player it is better to play for your money, but sometimes it happens that sites offer very expensive tournaments worth 10,000 - 25,000 dollars or more !!! even an experienced player does not want to risk such an amount of money, so I think it’s normal to divide this amount, suggesting the rest to invest money in your game !!!!

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's better to play for your money, then you'll better control your bankroll

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I agree
In playing with my own money but if there is a proposal to play a tournament of very high value entry and receive a sponsorship there is no problem closing deal because I think timely times pass but you should play for yourself too I think both things are valid .:)

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

If you have enough money from a purely financial perspective it makes sense to play your own money every event.

But a lot of stacking and backing deals always have coaching involved with them. If you can get backed by someone and receive coaching as part of the deal you may give up a little money in the short run but in the long run you will be much better of for having done so.

Also if an event is outside your bankroll but you are a good enough player to be profitable in the field there is nothing wrong with selling action to be able to play.

This video covers both sides of the coin, and is great for anyone looking to get involved!

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
Card debts are a serious responsibility. They may ask 😂 Therefore, it is better to play your own and if you win, you don’t have to share it with anyone😎

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I would rather play for a business and gun for a lottery win. This is because if I win lottery I would be more free to do what I want to do and not be tied down. The businesses tie me down in internet related half way houses that allow limited drinking. It three hots and a cot and better then most jobs out there.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I am convinced that any player can build their bankroll by playing freerolls. Therefore, I believe that a player should only play for the money he has won, without any additional investment.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly i don't belong in this conversation b/c i'm just now becoming an even player at micro level but i have opinions. Why not use investors it's good for everyone the player gets to make profits without risking their own money. The investor gets a chance to earn profits they wouldn't otherwise have the opportunity to benefit from.

It's a win win the player will be able to take on more higher stakes tournaments and maybe even play better because they won't have that fear of losing their own money that could make them second guess things at times. With poker in my opinion it's a lot about gut instinct, taking the money concerns out of the way might make it easier to go with you first instinct.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the type of person you are in general. I personally hate to take loans and do it very rarely and only for things that are impossible to be financed otherwise (like new car leasing for example). I consider staking as taking loan so for poker i play only with my own money and this way i am much more calm at table.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I were selling my shares I would be in a state of increased responsibility, so it would be better if I would prefer to play independently and independently, so that the result does not exert psychological pressure on me
although it’s everyone’s business if you are a successful player and you have great potential in money, as well as experience and credibility in poker

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s better to play for your money because in cases of loss you don’t owe anyone.

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everyone. It would not be a bad idea to have a financier. But who the hell would put a penny on a novice like me? :D
Sorry for my rustic English, high school mix and google translate.

J

JRTHEKING

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heh...

I'm with Warrior on this one. Anyone who would stake me definitely has a strong dislike for money. Obviously being a degenerate who nobody should stake would also greatly inhibit my ability to offer up a stake to anyone else.:D

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Personally I prefer playing with my own money but often friends stake me into live games, usually with a 50-50 agreement.

Top pros almost always exchange percentages of each other in large buy in tournaments because it's wise hedging your bets and is insurance against not making the money. When you do not, someone you have backed might...