Let's build some bankroll - who's with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey folks,

all the talk about people following Jesus (Ferguson, not the other one) has made me want to finally go serious about building my bankroll again.

I've hit a bit of a wall lately where I've not been playing as much as I wanted because I've not been as successful as I wanted. But that darn bankroll needs to grow, Chris Ferguson is already beyond 20 grand, dang it.

Now, I'm sitting right around 2K and I'll go from there, but since profitability and win rate is entirely relative and scalable, anybody can start from wherever they want.

Progress would be posted in the following way:
Day 1: 100%
Day 3: 106%
Day 6: 108%
etc. etc.

100% is obviously your starting roll (however high it is, doesn't matter), 0% would be bankruptcy.
I think this thread would really keep me and anybody who joins motivated.

There's only one condition: your starting roll must be at least $50. You don't have to state the absolute number though.

Progress can be updated irregularly, and this is not meant as a contest! It would be nice if your updates not only contained the percentage increase or decrease but maybe also some info on how things went for you.

Anybody with me or is it a bad idea?
If there are a few takers, I'll probably post my first progress update tomorrow or the day after. If nobody wants to join, just consider this thread obsolete.

Also, feel free to start your progress updates at any time.

Thanks.

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This seems like a way to force me to keep better records. There is a convienent starting point about a week back, so I will start there. I will have to figure percentages and put those in my spreadsheet.

Cheezymadman

Cheezymadman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What precentage am I at if I started at nothing and now I'm at $7.50?

Can't divide by zero.

Insomniac_1006

Insomniac_1006

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is a good idea. I however, won't be staking my bank roll until Febuary AFTER I have paid off some long time, non gambleing related, debts.

I will start with some sit and goes as they are my strong suit or maybe ring, February is a long ways off though, so if this thread is still going, and i'm still here. I'll post.

But if you are interested in skill development, and practicing bankroll management on the free tables. then I could start reporting now.
cheers

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hehe I do this in my blog sorta.

PokerProBetZip

PokerProBetZip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll sign up after I win Midnight Madness at FTP tonight :)

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's only one condition: your starting roll must be at least $50. You don't have to state the absolute number though.

What precentage am I at if I started at nothing and now I'm at $7.50?

Can't divide by zero.

According to Chris' stipulation, you have to wait until you reach $50 and start from there. If you start at one cent, your percentages will be silly.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im rebuilding my BR, but Im doing something a lot different than my usual BRM.

Actually, i pretty much threw the BRM plan out the window and Im taking more of a gamblers approach to building my BR. Ill post the results after a while...maybe 50 SNG sessions.

GL on building your BR though.

Cheezymadman

Cheezymadman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to be honest, i was staked the original $5.50, so that will skew the calculations.

Insomniac_1006

Insomniac_1006

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Staked...I could spin that into a Matrix reference, but will resist.
cheers

Semicolonkid

Semicolonkid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd love to be a part of this, but I'm one of those "starting from 0" people, so I'm afraid it may be a while before I have enough. Good luck, though.(and skill)

D

donkeyboy1989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ill join in. I have just over $500 on full tilt.

Should i update progress in this thread or r u gonna make another thread for the progress of people taking part?

ill put my first progress report here anyway: started with 200$ on sunday and am currently on 510$...was on 610 but decided to play 75,000 tournament (why not take shots:), managed to get half way then crashed out:()

ps should add joining tournament together and see who goes further...little competition never hurt anyone :)

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Should i update progress in this thread or r u gonna make another thread for the progress of people taking part?
You can update the progress in this thread.

But I'd like to keep things tidy, so please use the following format when posting a progress update:

Progress Update

Day 0: 100% ($200) <--- the dollar amount is optional
Day 1: 255% ($510) <--- the dollar amount is optional
------
Here goes any info you want to give on how day 1 worked out for you (this is also optional).
Please don't post entire hand histories of 3 dozen lines.
If you want to show individual hands, make sure they are formatted in such a way that they don't take up too much space.
------

In your next progress update you would still include the previous days, but only add text info for the most recent one. Example:

Progress Update

Day 0: 100% ($200) <--- the dollar amount is optional
Day 1: 255% ($510) <--- the dollar amount is optional
Day 3: 240% ($480) <--- the dollar amount is optional
Day 4: 310% ($620) <--- the dollar amount is optional
------
Here goes info on day 4. This part is optional.
------

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Day 0...100%....Day of deposit to Full Tilt Poker
Day 31...95%... Started keeping better records. Action so far trying to get back into the swing with STTs
Day 50...91%....Added some ring NL. Found out I sucked at ring NL.
Day 51...92%....Eliminated ring NL, went back to ring Limit. Ring Limit paying for various STTs and CC functions still in mix.
Day 71...93%....Limit still paying for tournaments and OFC.
Day 72..102%....$2 rebuy MTT hit and good day at limit, too.
Day 73..103%....Limit and Railbird freeroll plus, MTT minus.

D

donkeyboy1989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK so this is it for the last "three" days (day 1 is actually 3 days i think, but i havent kept any records until now).

Day 0: 100% ($200) , moved some of winnings from paradise poker because full titlt has more people playing.

Day 1: 233% ($466)

Day 2: 254% ($507) , should have had more but entered the 75,000 garanteed on sunday.

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alright then, here's mine. I hope more people will join in!

Progress Update

Day 0: 100%
Day 1: 96%

I started out by playing NL100 ring games, but either I suck at cash games or I get really unlucky or both. It's probably both. I'm not sure why but I feel much more "at home" when playing SNGs. I know exactly what I'm supposed to do and how I need to play.
Ring games almost feel like a different game to me.

So after dropping almost $300 on cash game tables I played four SNGs, bubbled twice (my AA ran into KK :D ), made 2nd once, made 1st once and brought the grand total back up to 96%.

Bit of a sucky start but there you go. No more cash games for now I think.

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's going on, is nobody playing? I was really hoping to read up on your stories and your progress. I want this thread to become motivational to anybody who reads it.
So get that bankroll going NOW and post it here :)

Progress Update

Day 2: 105%

I played a lot of SNGs today and even though I was very content with my play and only made one big mistake (a bad call) I lost and lost and lost. There were a bunch of suckouts but mostly I just ran into bigger hands when I was shortstacked and had to push.

Towards the end of the session I finally managed to cash in a few, thus writing black numbers for today.

I also played one $30 MTT with 300 players, but the only playable hand I got dealt all tournament was JJ, and I was already so shortstacked by then that I had to push it. I did and picked up the blinds.
A few hands later, I picked up 88 and had to push again. I got called by three (!) other players who each pushed all-in themselves (they had muuuuch bigger stacks), one with QQ, one with A6s, one with AKo.
The Big Slick took it down, knocking out three players including me.

D

donkeyboy1989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Day 0: 100% ($200) , move some of winnings from paradise poker because full titlt has more people playing.

Day 1: 233% ($466)

Day 2: 254% ($507) , should have had more but entered the 75,000 garanteed on sunday.

Day 3: 281% ($562) , played in the $10 omaha hi MTT and finished just outside the money :(, on a better note i managed to qualify for a place in a $50 satellite. hopefully i can place in the satellite and play in event 7 of the FTOPS :)

Day 4: 314% ($628) ,came close to not making any profit today but managed to pull it back. Played $10 omaha hi MTT again and was all in with A high str8 and beat by quads. rebrought and lost to flush...annoying thing is people were winning with pairs and i lose with a str8 and three of a kind

Insomniac_1006

Insomniac_1006

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't been playing, I'm a tad tilted right now.

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Progress Update

Day 2: 105%
Day 3: 99%

I've been playing my A game the entire day, I haven't made a single major mistake, I had the best hand practically every time, and yet I kept getting outdrawn.

I'll spare you the details, suffice it to say that someone prone to tilting would have probably lost a fourth of their bankroll today. I'm surprised I managed to keep the losses that low.

I ended the session when my KK was up against JJ on the SNG bubble. No Jack on the flop, no Jack on the turn. One of the two remaining Jacks gives me a King high flush, the other floats along on the river. I wasn't even surprised anymore.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice steady increase Donkeyboy, That'll be hard to keep up, I suspect. Maybe not, who knows. Try not to overplay, and press. Very nice job thus far.Gl

skd1337

skd1337

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok ill start this from today - I originally started on $50 in may and 24 hrs ago I was on $650 so i will start from there.

Progress Update - Start Date = OCT 31st
-----------------------------------------------
Day 0 - 100% ($650)
Day 1 - 107% ($701)
-----------------------------------------------
I haven't played for a few days as I really didn't feel like it. Today I started to ease myself back into the poker games. I just 4 tables $20 + 2 SNG's on Full Tilt. Will pick it up even more over the weekend.

Insomniac_1006

Insomniac_1006

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
long time no see, skd1337
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management