Let There Be Range

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Has any one read this book yet? Its got a stupid price tag on it like $900 lol.
Im guessin bcos of the stupid price tag no1 has bought it but I would love to read this so bad. Looks like a wkd poker book to get into.
Im gonna try see if I can download it anywhere (doubts it tho).

http://dailyvariance.com/let-there-be-range.html

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the intended audience - typically 200nl regs who want to move up - the price tag is not ridiculous at all. Only a few buy-ins.

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aye when u put it like that it aint that much for a NL200 grinder.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does look good. Obvuously I'm not at the level to fully appreciate it although I've read about a few of the things mentioned in there. Even reading the contents is worth it so it can lead me to research certain things perhaps in a certain order. Thanks for the link :)

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pretty sure that's about 1/2 the price it was when originally released.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, it was $1800 when it came out. The prices are not unusual for pro ebooks. They're not intended for micro limit players, and the strategies they tend to advocate don't work as well at the micros anyway.

And to say nobody is buying them is wrong. Their target audience, high limit players, do buy them. As BG said, it's a fraction of their bankroll and if they learn something to improve their edge and winrate by only a small amount, it will pay for itself in no time.

G

Gr3atness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Date of publication?

B

Bovinity

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just seems really weird to me to put that kind of pricetag on an E-Book.

Let me say beforehand that I'm NOT advocating piracy, but when you have a small file size electronic resource that's easily distributed or printable, your target audience is presumably internet-savvy people, and then you slap a huge pricetag on it, I'm not sure what you expect to happen.

As for it being a cheap buy for 200NL grinders, you'd think they already have a grasp of things and are in touch with a large community of people they can learn things from and/or access to training sites for far cheaper prices with videos by the very authors of these E-books.

Even if you're rolling in cash, if you're treating your poker "like a business", I can't see how $1800 makes sense, especially considering most of the reviews I've read say that many of these books don't bring much new insight to the table.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Let me say beforehand that I'm NOT advocating piracy, but when you have a small file size electronic resource that's easily distributed or printable, your target audience is presumably internet-savvy people, and then you slap a huge pricetag on it, I'm not sure what you expect to happen.

As for it being a cheap buy for 200NL grinders, you'd think they already have a grasp of things and are in touch with a large community of people they can learn things from and/or access to training sites for far cheaper prices with videos by the very authors of these E-books.

Even if you're rolling in cash, if you're treating your poker "like a business", I can't see how $1800 makes sense, especially considering most of the reviews I've read say that many of these books don't bring much new insight to the table.

Look at it another way. If you paid $1800 for this book are you going to want to turn around and spread it all over the internet for free??? I'm sure it's out there by now but my guess is that when it 1st came out it wasn't freely available anywhere.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2008 that's a while back, I think a lot of it has already filtered through to the poker community. I have heard about 3-betting UTG raises with hands like SC's before. It's obviously not a new idea but one that is available to a lot more people now.

madtom1337

madtom1337

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've read it. It's total bs. Don't read it. You're MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better off signing up for membership with a poker coaching website. Books just don't cut it for improving your play if you ask me. Since I joined a poker coaching site my play has improved SO much.

B

Bovinity

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look at it another way. If you paid $1800 for this book are you going to want to turn around and spread it all over the internet for free??? I'm sure it's out there by now but my guess is that when it 1st came out it wasn't freely available anywhere.

You would be amazed how the torrent/P2P communites can get ahold of nearly anything and have it available in very short times. =/

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At first bk in 2009 i tired to download/torrent this book. Was impossible to find it. There are a few things out there now but u gotta expect that after a year+ of release. It's gonna get leaked one day or another.
Right now im at NL10 so using this book wont do me much help (since micro droolers dont even think about villans range) but it would be a good read.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

100% agree.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

+1 mirron

salim271

salim271

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

No, but some enterprising soul is going to 'borrow' it from someone who bought it, maybe a cousin, sibling, or friend, and will scan it and sell it for a lower price for people who are searching for it, possibly on ebay. I don't know the legalities of resale on ebooks however.

Really the point is, once its in the hands of someone who didn't buy it/doesnt care if others improve their skills, its gonna be all over the place, imo its just a matter of time.

Humans, you can't trust us...

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, but some enterprising soul is going to 'borrow' it from someone who bought it, maybe a cousin, sibling, or friend, and will scan it and sell it for a lower price for people who are searching for it, possibly on ebay. I don't know the legalities of resale on ebooks however.
There's nothing to scan. It's an ebook. Now granted, some ebooks have DRM that licenses the book to a particular PC, so first that would have to be cracked. And ebooks are covered by the same copyright laws as regular books, but being electronic most also have a license that prohibits transfer just like software.

But the reality is that, the initial buyers who are paying $1800 (or even $900) for this book will NOT want to see it pirated for free. So they are more likely to keep it close and not let it get pirated at first. After some time though, they do leak out, however. Sometimes from reviewers who get free copies, sometimes from friends and relatives who borrow their PC, whatever.

I will neither confirm nor deny that this particular book can be found "in the wild."

E

edgie212

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only reason there is even a thread about it is because it is so expensive. Granted, Tri Nguyen and Cole South have an impressive track record, it might be more profitable to have an hour live coaching session with them for that price, or even ten sessions with others that are equally reputable, if not more so!

Theblueduce

Theblueduce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will just stick to them books for the the micro-level limits....and be thankful I can enjoy a win on certain days.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've read it. It's well written with good examples. Still, you're better off getting BFP and DC for 2-3 year subscriptions at the same price.

Pokerstudent

Pokerstudent

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've read it. It's well written with good examples. Still, you're better off getting BFP and DC for 2-3 year subscriptions at the same price.

So, did you actually buy the book or what?

madtom1337

madtom1337

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, did you actually buy the book or what?

Dude it's all over the internet. Not that I'm recommending anyone be a total criminal and steal this OH-SO-VALUABLE treasure of poker. That's be CRIME! Not something I'VE ever done! AaaaaaaaaaaCHOO!