Leaving the table

D

duretsie444

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
two of my biggest leaks are leaving the table when i am up and not congratulate an opposing player when he beats me out for a big pot either heads up or multi way. The first leak is the one i am concerned about The second one i can take it or leave it. I normally play $1 $2 and the last few sessions i was up around $220 after playing for 4 hrs with a starting stack of around $260 . After losing a few hands here and there the $220 was dwindling down a bit . I kept saying to myself next hand im leaving next hand im leaving. But i got suckered into thinking 5d 4d is an acceptable hand after being card dead for quite some time I deserved to leave after tossing away pocket 4's and 5's caving into pressure of raises in previous hands which resulted in two boats. I lost the 4 5 hand calling two big raises thinking was good with the smaller straight only to lose to J10 high . The guy next to me lost quite a bit in multiway and then says "nice hand" to the winner. I picked up my remaining chips and stormed out tilted like a mother fuu . I told the guy next to me "How can you say nice hand after he just stacked you ? I liken it to trying to masturbate again after you just masturbated . Not easy not easy at all

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I normally hang in there with a session if my reads are right and I'm making the right calls. Even if I lose a big hand as long as the right call is being made. When at a table, you have developed history and are focused, it is hard for me to leave regardless of the results.

It is easy to leave when you're calling behind and really blowing calls. Can't get out of there fast enough. Sometimes when you just got the wind taken from the sails over and over, you reluctantly leave. That probably is for the better.

C

Caryn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With time and experience, you learn to improve your self awareness and make yourself leave at the first sign of tilt. Start with a break to take a walk, grab a bite and see if that helps. If not... you can always come back another day. But it's never good to try playing through it, once you start making poor choices or playing scared.

As far as congratulating opponents, this isn't really an etiquette rule thing. Some people do it, just being friendly and showing there's no hard feelings I expect. I tend to say "nice hand" whenever a fish catches the river because I don't really want them to stop chasing lol.

D

duretsie444

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i will say nice hand depending on how much of my stack is depleted . If its not too bad i dont mind giving them their props but if i get stacked i mean whats the point? Your congrat them for wiping you out? The other day on Poker after dark i saw Tom Dwan wipe out Bill Klein stack of 214k with set of 5's Klein said nice hand then left the table to reload Some are the fortunate ones i guess