Learning The Ropes

B

BlubberySnooper

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all, I'm a fairly new player just learning the ropes. I know a decent amount of the game, but am still working on bet strategy and things of the sort. Lmk if you have any tips or tricks for reads, etc.

A

Avvavva

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all, I'm a fairly new player just learning the ropes. I know a decent amount of the game, but am still working on bet strategy and things of the sort. Lmk if you have any tips or tricks for reads, etc.
Read a book "poker for dummies". good stuff, seriously.

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Absolutely,

First off...

It's important to study your betting strategy dependent upon which game you will be playing. I'm assuming you are wanting to practice No-limit holdem because it is most popular.... If you are looking for other variants, such as Omaha, Razz, Triple draw, Stud, Badugi, or any other hybrid variant of these let me know and I can help you in those areas as well.

Each area has a different set of betting strategies. That being said, which area of your No-limit holdem game are you wanting to work on?

1. Multi-table Tournaments - if so which of these (Full ring, 8 max, 6 max) Also please specify between Normal, Deep stack, Turbo's, Hyper Turbo's

2. Cash games - if so which of these (full ring, six max) also specify short buy in or 100bb

3. Multi Table Sit and go's - If so how many players also please specify between Normal, Turbo's or Hyper Turbo's

4. Single table Sit and go's - Full ring, Six max, or Heads up also please specify between turbo's or hyper turbo's

5. spin and go's (basically any 3 person hyper turbo tournament)

6. freerolls

What stakes are you wanting to learn about?

There are different betting strategies for each variant of the game and for each part of the game. Because there is SO much that changes throughout the game it's important to figure out what particular area you are wanting to learn about. Let me know what it is you're wanting to dig into and I will better guide you to where you can find what you're looking for.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Greetings to you in our community.
Here you will find everything you need to learn and improve your game.
My advice to you, always try to be patient, and control your own emotions.

Sdub2020

Sdub2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How can I have the nuts on the turn and keep losing on the river? Downswing life when will it end lmao