I called.

Show down:

SB: Jd 8s

BB: Jh Ks

Turn: 3h

River: A

Was I wrong?:confused:

Thanks for posting.

In tournaments the mistake you want to make is over folding to preserve your ability to play.
Not a lot of over folding just more than in a cash game.

It is very common to see one of these two players have a hand that is better than one pair after this action. Common not always.

You have no reads, you have lots of chips, you have very weak villains. We can fold here and still do very well in the tournament.

The key to this hand is the bet sizing. You now want to take note of what hands your player pool is shoving in spots like this and determine how often it is weak or strong. If you note 10 hands and 7-8 are strong shoves then we can over fold.

Hope this helps

:):)

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All so, on the one hand was the correct play, but on the other hand should have alerted that one player went all-in and the other called. QQ here is a good hand, but it's just one pair, but against two all-ins obviously weak. I probably would have dropped, but it's not accurate, you need to look at the game of the enemy.

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's bad that this is the first hand and there is no information about the players, so it would be better to fold, though it is not easy, but this is a good poker, although of course if the tournament is inexpensive and bankrupt all is well and you can play

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is not easy to fold pocket Qs, maybe it is wrong but i will do it same...

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First hand in a K.O. tournament.
I got QQ
So I raise to 3BB
I was in the button.

SB called, and BB called.

Flop: Js 8d 2h

SB: All in

BB: called.

What woul u do?

I called.

Show down:

SB: Jd 8s

BB: Jh Ks

Turn: 3h

River: A

Was I wrong?:confused:

I also play such knockout tournaments, you did everything correctly in the hand, but there are different moments in the hands when the flop or the turn do not play the nut combinations, don’t worry about it and there are different moments - who are lucky to play and win in different cards and to someone it is not lucky even to win with senior pairs, play further and I wish you good luck in your future tournaments!

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Considering the fact that this is the first hand, you have a deep stack (more than 100 bb), this action is minus on EV. In addition, you received 2 all in front of you, this is an occasion to think. Your opponent has either set or two pairs. And besides, he could have AA or KK.