Jeff Gross (Poker Pro) - Ask Me Anything!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

CardsChat Pro/Twitch Partnered Streamer
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Jeff, I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I say welcome & glad to have you!

My first (of many) question is can & will I make it as a pro and fulfil my dream of spending my days playing the major tournament circuit internationally?

Look forward to picking that nice juicy poker brain of yours! [emoji1303]
Thank you! This is a very open ended question w/ no info on you hard to say! I do believe that w/ hard work, determination & resiliency you can w/ out knowing you!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jeff just check with me in advance if you ever have some free time to play an event with members and we will work it out. :)
Okay thanks Debi! Gave away 2 hoodies on stream tonight. Crossed 1K subs was a nice show!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you play short deck poker and what r you think abou them ,i see Phil Ivey ,Tom Dwan ,Pua etc was played Triton high roller tournament in my country recently ?
I haven't played yet but talking about it and learning it a bit. It def has a chance to be the next popular game! Have you?

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Jeff, Main advices for players that are not profitable that are looking to become profitable? Also which do you prefer, cash or tourneys?

Have a good day
I prefer live cash and online tournaments due to streaming on Twitch and being able to play many at once. Advice to players that aren't profitable is to take time to study not just play, be more focused and present when playing live & have balance in their lives!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’m finding lately that no one is respecting my preflop raises. I open the standard 2.5-3x bb like others at my table but every time I do so, I get reraised 3x or so. I notice that this only seems to be happening to me, others either get called or fold all around. I usually fold as I’m out of position and usually have cards like AQ or AJs and could be dominated. It seems I’m being taken advantage of and I’m wondering how to stop this. The one time I re-reraised all in with QQ I got called with AA. Frustrating.
It's not fun when the cards shake out like this, variance happens. One thing you could do is try min raising or adjusting your raise sizing and if they are re raising you lot 4bet them or flat and play post flop more. Stay positive and don't take it personally! Sometimes ppl are just getting hands or holding over you as well.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Thank you! This is a very open ended question w/ no info on you hard to say! I do believe that w/ hard work, determination & resiliency you can w/ out knowing you!

Hello again Jeff,

Yes, the question was totally open and geared purely to see how you responded.

Considering how busy you must be with everything this 'feeler bet' perhaps wasn't particularly thoughtful of me..

Having just read every single question and response on this thread it's more than apparent that you are an extremely positive, conscientious and considerate influence which confirms the suspicion that we are all very lucky indeed to have you here taking the time to interact with us.

I've recently started using twitch and poker-wise have only checked out RIU 24/7 and watched a little JCarver... Your channel is my next port of call and am very much looking forward to it. My handle there is tracid_traxxed.

Do you post any kind of streaming schedule ahead of time anywhere or is it best to just jump on and see if you're online?

Being uncertain what to ask first am going to hold off for now and might ask on stream so you can reply verbally and not have to type...

Hope this post finds you well. [emoji846]

P.s. In regards to my original question and having no info about me, if you say the word I will PM you a full break down of my 'poker identity', journey so far, where I'm at right now and where I intend to go. Please don't feel obliged though, obviously many people here will want your feedback and you're already doing so much despite the many commitments & responsibilities you must have.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all your replies so far much appreciated.

I was watching you on Twitch a bit last night. I was multitasking so I had the sound off. I wanted to ask you about one pot though. You had 44 and I think were UTG or +1. You raised, I think two callers then a reraise and a 4 bet. When it got back to you, you went all in. My thoughts were with all that action, at least one player would have a higher pair and I would have folded. In the end, I think there was maybe two overpairs? Just curious as to why you went all in there. Thanks.

T

tmedicine

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jeff Gross! Please unban me from your Twitch streaming channel. I got banned for spoiling one of your hands a long time ago, I promise to never spoil any of your hands again, I am a big fan of yours, please unban me. My screen name is tmedicine on Twitch. If you can't do it yourself then, please, tell your moderators to unban me. Thanks a bunch for this if you do this for me. Looking forward to your reply. :) Your biggest fan, Trevor Medicine.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
May I ask you, what was your daily or monthly income by poker, when you decided to run it as your main business? And what made yourself confident to do so?

T

Tatomircg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey there! Yes we have played many times together. He has held over me almost laughable where we joke how many times he has coolered me or come out w/ the best hand in big situations. However, the biggest pot we ever played was in the $111,111 one drop in 2016 where I flopped set over set on a 643 board w/ 44 to his 33 & it put me close to the chip lead and knocked him out so this even'd the score out to my advantage! I went on to cash that tournament which was nice! He is a great player of course and seems to always know what everyone has!
hey i got an answer....nice...thank u for the reply.....and yes Negreanu is sometimes like a magician......and of course he loses too.....it is impossible to always win at poker....Lady Luck..:)) sometimes says a big No

L

lovido

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone! My name is Jeff Gross & I am a professional Poker player that streams on Twitch (JeffGrossPoker.tv) as well as creates YouTube videos (JeffGrossPoker). It would be great for you to come stop by my stream on Twitch (I am on every day now - September 17th) & you can ask me any questions here! Thank you - Jeff

is it normally to play 14 straight hands on a poker table without picking a nice hand or even getting a pair? in the situation tried bluffing my way out but my opponents usually have something, so they definitely call.:confused::confused:

Bodomovac

Bodomovac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I have two questions.

The first one is how manyman times have you hit rock bottom (0$ bankroll) before you became a winning player?

How many hours a day you play online poker, and on which poker platform?

And one more, sorry, what is your favorite poker platform to play on?

MrAceBoogie

MrAceBoogie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Jeff,

What was the biggest obstacle for you when you first were starting out?

Cheers!
:beerglass

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm looking forward to playing at the same table as you online in the near future.
How important is PT4 to your play online...say on a scale of 1-10?

Thank you for being such a great resource and I hope you make millions!

P

PeedroZack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Control

Hey Jeff, what can I do to relax and control my mindset when a have a bad beat?

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Jeff - I really enjoy your twitch shows.

It seems to me that poker is a mix of:
a) math,
b) sizing up your opponent(s),
c) position,
d) luck,
e) thinking on your feet, i.e., being able to quickly recognize and take advantage of situations that present themselves.​
I wonder if you might share the importance/weight that you feel each has on your success, and/or if there are other important factors?

Last edited:
Z

Zer0-0uts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone! My name is Jeff Gross & I am a professional Poker player that streams on Twitch (JeffGrossPoker.tv) as well as creates YouTube videos (JeffGrossPoker). It would be great for you to come stop by my stream on Twitch (I am on every day now - September 17th) & you can ask me any questions here! Thank you - Jeff

JeffGrossPoker Twitch

https://www.youtube.com/jeffgrosspoker

JeffGrossPoker
Hey Jeff, glad you are here. So I didn't have time to read through all the questions already asked. If this is a repeat please pardon me. The biggest place my game lacks right now is card reading. I find myself every now and again make the right fold, the right call, or bluffing in the right place, but for the most part I really struggle to read cards. What would you recommend I do to improve on this?

Please and thank you,

:evil:Zer0:evil:

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jeff - what's going on?

I'm curious what has been your greatest regret in your poker career so far?

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi jeff, congratulations for your journey, please give me advice about my game, I play well until the approach of the bule, and I share on tilt against players who abuse raises and I ended up losing

V

vini127

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Jeff. Will follow your stream for sure.

And one question: How many hours per day of studying/playing poker you think is necessary for someone to achieve a high level? And also, is it more important to play or study? I really love playing and want to set up new goals, but since I have to work full time, I don't have a lot of time for playing poker.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

komixof

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Big fan of Jeff, very amusing streamer to watch :) keep it going

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you manage to maintain your bankroll and how to overcome the tilt?!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello again Jeff,

Yes, the question was totally open and geared purely to see how you responded.

Considering how busy you must be with everything this 'feeler bet' perhaps wasn't particularly thoughtful of me..

Having just read every single question and response on this thread it's more than apparent that you are an extremely positive, conscientious and considerate influence which confirms the suspicion that we are all very lucky indeed to have you here taking the time to interact with us.

I've recently started using twitch and poker-wise have only checked out RIU 24/7 and watched a little JCarver... Your channel is my next port of call and am very much looking forward to it. My handle there is tracid_traxxed.

Do you post any kind of streaming schedule ahead of time anywhere or is it best to just jump on and see if you're online?

Being uncertain what to ask first am going to hold off for now and might ask on stream so you can reply verbally and not have to type...

Hope this post finds you well. [emoji846]

P.s. In regards to my original question and having no info about me, if you say the word I will PM you a full break down of my 'poker identity', journey so far, where I'm at right now and where I intend to go. Please don't feel obliged though, obviously many people here will want your feedback and you're already doing so much despite the many commitments & responsibilities you must have.

I post a schedule on my website: JeffGrossPoker.com/calendar - w/ Twitch its a bit difficult as I live in the USA & must be outside of USA to stream on pokerstars. I am entertaining the idea of streaming from home more often at my office in Miami doing hand reviews & studying. You can also turn on notifications on Twitch for when I go live; this I would def suggest! I have a discord channel as well you can post info on you there in the Intro's section! Thank you for the support.

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for all your replies so far much appreciated.

I was watching you on Twitch a bit last night. I was multitasking so I had the sound off. I wanted to ask you about one pot though. You had 44 and I think were UTG or +1. You raised, I think two callers then a reraise and a 4 bet. When it got back to you, you went all in. My thoughts were with all that action, at least one player would have a higher pair and I would have folded. In the end, I think there was maybe two overpairs? Just curious as to why you went all in there. Thanks.
I don't recall this hand as it has been while now; I think this was at tail end of stream and maybe we a turbo/hyper w/ low buy in and was hoping to get in a flip w/ the dead money in the middle but I would have to see the specific hand to be sure! Thanks for watching the stream!