Jeff Gross (Poker Pro) - Ask Me Anything!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

CardsChat Pro/Twitch Partnered Streamer
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PBF! Good to see you made pro on CC, congrats! You can pick all or none of these to answer.

1) How was Burning Man this year?

2) What is the best Perky or Antonio story that you can share?

3) Is Stream Boat happening? Looks like the island is recovering.

4) Besides bencb789, what pros do you "talk" poker with, or have you advanced past that? Have you met bencb789 IRL?
Thank you!

1) My wife and I did not go this year, Barcelona for Stars live stuff. I have gone 2014, 2015, 2016 (where I met my wife in 2014 there!)

2) oh man...some crazy ones ask me on stream :)

3) We are bringing the stream boat winners to RIU Reno between Oct 19 - 29!

4) I talk lot of Poker w/ Brian Rast, Antonio Esfandiari, Matt Waxman, several others but lot w/ them. I have met Ben IRL; we actually shared a room in Barcelona last year during the August live pokerstars series!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How did you apply for sponsorship?
I had been in talks for while w/ some of the sites and twitch helps lot w/ that. It naturally took its course but was lot to do w/ having lot of consistent content across Twitch/IG and getting into YouTube.

RennMeister

RennMeister

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had been in talks for while w/ some of the sites and twitch helps lot w/ that. It naturally took its course but was lot to do w/ having lot of consistent content across Twitch/IG and getting into YouTube.

Thank you, Jeff. I need some of your go, go, gadget flow. :D

I love your Twitch channel, btw.

M

Maitresse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes this is rare but you can always pick up and leave, or move tables. You can also ignore them and make sure you don't play w/ them again. Most of my live experience is home games so they wont be invited back if this is the case. Online you can email customer support which I have done only a few times in many years. You also have to feel a bit of sympathy for someone who is like this who must be having personal difficulties!

Very true! Thank you for your response, it is much appreciated. = ]

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
was wondering in small stakes tournys how u would play suited connecters? 89 910 78 10J that middle range were u have lots of outs each way. thanks for any advice. Also how do u play it differently if u have a small stack as compared to a big stack
Suited connectors have lot of value; in smaller tourneys generally more ppl go to flops which brings less value to flushes as ppl won't fold Q3ss for example so if your in a multi way pot would be cautious of giving ton value to smaller flushes. Playing small stack vs big stack is a big difference. I would suggest to learn the push fold charts for shorter stack play. On my website I have a banner for SnapShove: https://www.jeffgrosspoker.com/affiliation
this should help you out!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get a lot of instances where I choose not to play the two cards dealt to me, and the turn into monster hands after flop turn river. And I mean like not quality cards like 3-8 offsuit. They haunt me.
Any thoughts or help
Hey! Yes you can't worry about this. You need a sound game plan and to stick to solid starting hand ranges from the various positions at the table. You can not worry about if you would have made a good hand w/ bad cards. Also lot of time you don't get to see what the other players have, when you play an 83o and comes 339 you may be in big trouble to a3 or 99 or lose to a good starting hand. I know the feeling but you need to shake this habit right away! You will save yourself lots of money in the future! It is good to keep track of what you had and what comes out to help to figure out what other players have and are doing. For example you fold A2 off suit. The board comes out 59Jddd and you had the A of diamonds. You can watch how other players play and know that you had the nut blocker in this hand and see are others being aggressive when they don't have the nuts or is everyone just being passive for example! Hope this helps and best of luck!

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all the answers and advice. I know you must be very busy and it’s great that you are taking the time to answer everyone’s questions.

Hope you are streaming on Twitch soon, I’m having withdrawals after how much I watched during the WCOOP events. Lol.

Best of luck.

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for all the answers and advice. I know you must be very busy and it’s great that you are taking the time to answer everyone’s questions.

Hope you are streaming on Twitch soon, I’m having withdrawals after how much I watched during the WCOOP events. Lol.

Best of luck.
Yes I want to get back on! I will be playing the Cage in Costa Rica Saturday; Sunday will not stream unless I am not on Day 2. Monday for sure a stream!

T

Tatomircg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone! My name is Jeff Gross & I am a professional Poker player that streams on Twitch (JeffGrossPoker.tv) as well as creates YouTube videos (JeffGrossPoker). It would be great for you to come stop by my stream on Twitch (I am on every day now - September 17th) & you can ask me any questions here! Thank you - Jeff

JeffGrossPoker Twitch

https://www.youtube.com/jeffgrosspoker

JeffGrossPoker

Didn t know what to ask..but i got a nice question....Did u ever play with Negreanu....?....and if yes ...win or lose...?

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I want to get back on! I will be playing the Cage in Costa Rica Saturday; Sunday will not stream unless I am not on Day 2. Monday for sure a stream!

Good stuff. I’ll check in with you on Sunday or Monday (hopefully Monday cuz that’d mean you did good in Costa Rica.

Now that you have 75 posts, will we see you playing in the CardsChat freeroll club? I’d love to play with you on the PokerStars Freeroll club event, just to say I did so. (You’d probably get my chips fast anyways). No offence to the usual players who take my chips (looking at you Hugh, Joe, Terry, Dejange, well really everyone). I know it’s not worth it for you money/time wise but just curious if you’d think about it sometime?

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you!

1) My wife and I did not go this year, Barcelona for Stars live stuff. I have gone 2014, 2015, 2016 (where I met my wife in 2014 there!)

2) oh man...some crazy ones ask me on stream :)

3) We are bringing the stream boat winners to RIU Reno between Oct 19 - 29!

4) I talk lot of Poker w/ Brian Rast, Antonio Esfandiari, Matt Waxman, several others but lot w/ them. I have met Ben IRL; we actually shared a room in Barcelona last year during the August live PokerStars series!
Thanks for all of the answers, and I'll have to pop on the stream to give you the prime sub.

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Didn t know what to ask..but i got a nice question....Did u ever play with Negreanu....?....and if yes ...win or lose...?
Hey there! Yes we have played many times together. He has held over me almost laughable where we joke how many times he has coolered me or come out w/ the best hand in big situations. However, the biggest pot we ever played was in the $111,111 one drop in 2016 where I flopped set over set on a 643 board w/ 44 to his 33 & it put me close to the chip lead and knocked him out so this even'd the score out to my advantage! I went on to cash that tournament which was nice! He is a great player of course and seems to always know what everyone has!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for all of the answers, and I'll have to pop on the stream to give you the prime sub.
appreciate that! See you this wkd/Monday!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good stuff. I’ll check in with you on Sunday or Monday (hopefully Monday cuz that’d mean you did good in Costa Rica.

Now that you have 75 posts, will we see you playing in the CardsChat freeroll club? I’d love to play with you on the PokerStars Freeroll club event, just to say I did so. (You’d probably get my chips fast anyways). No offence to the usual players who take my chips (looking at you Hugh, Joe, Terry, Dejange, well really everyone). I know it’s not worth it for you money/time wise but just curious if you’d think about it sometime?
Yea for sure! I wasn't aware of this so I will need the details and if I am available during this time absolutely!

Danoncebay

Danoncebay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a question, I am intermediate level in CASH GAME, however, I feel that nl2 is more complicated than nl50, or I do not understand why I do better in one and not in the other. What do you think?

C

cheeeer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How much do you tip after tourney (not online, of course)? And do you tip at all? Especially if you lost 3 tourneys before.

K

kapobar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you play short deck poker and what r you think abou them ,i see Phil Ivey ,Tom Dwan ,Pua etc was played Triton high roller tournament in my country recently ?

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi Jeff, I'm sure I can speak for everyone when I say welcome & glad to have you!

My first (of many) question is can & will I make it as a pro and fulfil my dream of spending my days playing the major tournament circuit internationally?

Look forward to picking that nice juicy poker brain of yours! [emoji1303]

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea for sure! I wasn't aware of this so I will need the details and if I am available during this time absolutely!

Jeff just check with me in advance if you ever have some free time to play an event with members and we will work it out. :)

S

Sherbanov365

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Question

Hello Jeff,
Just from curiosity, with what buy-in was your first torney that you had won? And was that the moment you decide to became Pro ? :jd4::jd4:

X

xubas

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Jeff, Main advices for players that are not profitable that are looking to become profitable? Also which do you prefer, cash or tourneys?

Have a good day

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m finding lately that no one is respecting my preflop raises. I open the standard 2.5-3x bb like others at my table but every time I do so, I get reraised 3x or so. I notice that this only seems to be happening to me, others either get called or fold all around. I usually fold as I’m out of position and usually have cards like AQ or AJs and could be dominated. It seems I’m being taken advantage of and I’m wondering how to stop this. The one time I re-reraised all in with QQ I got called with AA. Frustrating.

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a question, I am intermediate level in CASH GAME, however, I feel that nl2 is more complicated than nl50, or I do not understand why I do better in one and not in the other. What do you think?

This depends on so many factors. Certain games are tougher then others and limits, actually the bigger games can be softer lot of the time. This could be part of it, also just mental block could be playing a factor.

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How much do you tip after tourney (not online, of course)? And do you tip at all? Especially if you lost 3 tourneys before.
I generally tip something, on a Final Table or big one I do tip. It varies lot on venue and what % they take out. I like to tip though yes. I don't factor in prior tournaments unless it's at same series like wsop during the course of the summer for example.

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips