Jeff Gross (Poker Pro) - Ask Me Anything!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

CardsChat Pro/Twitch Partnered Streamer
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How often do you tip the dealer?
In cash games generally each hand I win. In tournaments take a % you are comfortable with on your profits. Really varies. Often times money is set aside from the tourney buy ins already so keep that in mind!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi did you know that on Party Poker there is no satellites to any tournament under $33. No satellites to any $22, $11, $5.50 mtt. All $1.10 to $5.50 satellites are only allowed to play more satellites to $22 to $44 and those also can't be used for MTT's they have to be for more satellites till finally $109 or $215 to use as a MTT Ticket. It's pretty ridiculous and it would be great if you could get satellites to Party for players that aren't mid/high stakes.
Okay I will check this out & bring it to party poker attention!

R

robopimp01

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Jay Pee

Jay Pee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats on the birth of your beautiful baby boy!!!

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
How nice! Congratulations to you and your wife, Jeff!

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations Jeff, I think you and the wife just had a baby.

Wow, it's a blessing for new life and moreover, I am glad to be part of a poker group with a real poker pro available to bother with questions...lol.

Biggest Aha-Moment on your way up?

U

urachicho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Jeff, thanks for the AMA, I wanted to ask you how do you play AXo with X less than T from any position, thanks in advance.

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Jeff, thanks for the AMA, I wanted to ask you how do you play AXo with X less than T from any position, thanks in advance.
Hello,

I am not sure I understand exactly the question but w/ Ace rag I would advise to fold mostly. Even in late pos a2,a3,a4,a5,a6,a7o you can find folds in lot of spots depending on stack sizes behind if your talking about a tournament. The truth is the hands just don't play very well post flop, it's hard to win big pots w/ these holdings.

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congratulations Jeff, I think you and the wife just had a baby.

Wow, it's a blessing for new life and moreover, I am glad to be part of a poker group with a real poker pro available to bother with questions...lol.
Thank you! Yes please feel free to ask questions anytime!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats on the birth of your beautiful baby boy!!!
Thank you so much Debi! Appreciate all the Love from the CardsChat family! Just getting back home from the hospital and settled in!

U

urachicho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

I am not sure I understand exactly the question but w/ Ace rag I would advise to fold mostly. Even in late pos a2,a3,a4,a5,a6,a7o you can find folds in lot of spots depending on stack sizes behind if your talking about a tournament. The truth is the hands just don't play very well post flop, it's hard to win big pots w/ these holdings.

Thanks a lot for the reply.

LavaStorm

LavaStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankroll

Hello Jeff , i would like to ask you, with a bankroll of 100$ is it good to play tourneys above 3.30$ or this is the best tourneys to register?

P

phphilip28

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop question

would you typically limp in on a normal blind before the flop with a q or k low kicker suited or no?

or would it depend on your chip position?

thank you.
Phil

P

phphilip28

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
dont like online is it worth it ?

For someone trying to start small and build with 20$ off the bat and hopefully that's it. What would you suggest?

tourneys? Knock outs? sit and go or the simple cash games?

i feel like cash games isn't as keen as the site will take a rake.

Thanks for any input.
Phil

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Biggest Aha-Moment on your way up?
Stone bubbling the Alpha 8 100k buy in tournament in South Africa.. The turn out was small, only 10 total entrants w/ some of the games best. I was 1/4 and 3 paid. I took 3rd when the local amateur was super short 4 handed. Jungleman, Mercier & I were basically locked in to cash w/ min cash $200,000 and winner $500,000. I ended up shoving on Jungleman's open w/ A8o 4 handed because I knew he would just be opening any spot as the current leader.. he ended up calling off w/ 88 and I was at risk and took 4th for $0. The crazy part was mercier had A9o in the BB and would have shoved and busted he had less chips then me as well. This was an ICM suicide and I got punished for it. Throw in that at the time, Atlanta to Joburg was the longest flight in the World! It was not a fun trip home but valuable lessons learned!

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you so much Debi! Appreciate all the Love from the CardsChat family! Just getting back home from the hospital and settled in!

wow :eek::D and back here already, amazing dedication sir :D
that makes for a great daddy too, wishing you and yours a great life.

Hello,

happy to hear that advice as I've been considering adding that to my range for a long time.
I get beat by it so often even with premium hands that it started to look better.
of course, I play it in the right circumstances but won't be ramping that up now:)

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Congratulations on the birth of your baby boy to you and Emilia Jeff, it's an amazing feeling I was lucky enough to experience twice, cherish the time you all spend together, they grow up far too quickly!

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In what way could we change the game of poker, to consequently remove some of the variance without hurting the game itself?

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In what way could we change the game of poker, to consequently remove some of the variance without hurting the game itself?
Not sure this would be possible! It's perfect how it is. Needs to have some mixture of luck/variance or else many ppl/non pros would play much less I would imagine!