Jeff Gross (Poker Pro) - Ask Me Anything!

cardartist85

cardartist85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad Beats

Hi Jeff,

Just wanted to ask you whenever you’re playing a long stretch of tournaments where everything seems to be going against you and bad beats seemingly don’t stop, how do you get yourself back on track? I know variance is a large part of the game but what is the key to stopping those cold streaks and getting the momentum to swing back the other way? Thanks

dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bad luck ?

Hi. I have a question.

Is there such a thing in poker as bad luck ? Or its just low skill or not enough skill ?
Im asking because sometimes im playing long tournaments and im getting almost to pay place and suddently im starting to loose. Its my fault or i have bad luck ?

Jammen

Jammen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jeff, love the stream and the hand analysis. We all can learn a lot by just watching and listening to why you make certain plays. great stuff and love your energy.
Thanks for putting your content out there.

B

bigsmyle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Jeff, how u keep ur calm in a tournament when u made a 'bluff' lost same and are in the ur stack is 2× or equal to the big blind?

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hello
I am just a micro player at pokerstars and through the Sunday Millions 13th Anniversary freerolls I won a ticket entry to the actual tournament, I was hoping to get some advice from someone who knows about poker
I am so happy and grateful to PokerStars for this opportunity

P

psuedosuited

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Super Systems

Jeff, do you think the Super Systems style still has its place in modern poker? It seems to be a solid method of playing the game, but curious as to your thoughts.

Stevendewitt7

Stevendewitt7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad Beats

I have been playing cards online long enough to know that bad beats happen more frequently due to the large number of hands played but I am really questioning after winning. Have you noticed or did it seem as if the cards leaned against you more after winning money on a site? I play tournaments online, usually buy-ins 2-20 dollars. I really try to not wear a tin foil hat on conspiracies but I feel like it is true. Any advice?

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's your favorite poker tournament and location (site) live and online?

L

Ltech

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Jeff

Ill follow you on your channel...Whats the difference be freeroll an professional tables?

maclina

maclina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello

Hello Jeff I'm a fan, I saw a lot of your videos. Do you play WPT? I will play the WPT in September in portugal. Would be great to meet you.

Y

yedven

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Jeff - I kept falling short at about 15-20% crowed left in tournament. I barely just cash in. I want to make it to more final tables. Can you suggest some reading material, ideas?

Vanderwolfe

Vanderwolfe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you are awesome

i just started to follow you on twitch.tv and i cant wait to see what is to come with your live event!:D

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

CardsChat Pro/Twitch Partnered Streamer
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i just started to follow you on twitch.tv and i cant wait to see what is to come with your live event!:D
Thank you so much! Montreal in late May!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Jeff - I kept falling short at about 15-20% crowed left in tournament. I barely just cash in. I want to make it to more final tables. Can you suggest some reading material, ideas?
I would highly recommend checking out Raise Your Edge. I have a link to this on my website/affiliation page. You can check it out here: https://www.jeffgrosspoker.com/affiliation

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Jeff I'm a fan, I saw a lot of your videos. Do you play WPT? I will play the WPT in September in Portugal. Would be great to meet you.
Hello there! I try to play them when I can! I won't make that one but hope to see you on the tour! Glgl there! I will look for you at the Final Table!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ill follow you on your channel...Whats the difference be freeroll an professional tables?
Thank you! Free roll is when you put no money in to participate & can win something. Professional tables I think you mean "real money Tables" is where you must wager in order to participate.

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's your favorite poker tournament and location (site) live and online?
My favorite tournament location is in Montreal at Playground Poker. I have gone 2-4 times a year since first going in 2012. I love the WPT & Millions events there. For online it's partypoker & the bounty series!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been playing cards online long enough to know that bad beats happen more frequently due to the large number of hands played but I am really questioning after winning. Have you noticed or did it seem as if the cards leaned against you more after winning money on a site? I play tournaments online, usually buy-ins 2-20 dollars. I really try to not wear a tin foil hat on conspiracies but I feel like it is true. Any advice?
I know the feeling! I have felt this way at times but no I do not believe in this. Stay positive, play less tables & realize variance is a real thing!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jeff, do you think the Super Systems style still has its place in modern poker? It seems to be a solid method of playing the game, but curious as to your thoughts.
Hey! I think the game has evolved lots since then but def some strong fundamentals and lessons there. Doyle is such a legend & still competes today! Think it's good to have that in the bag as well!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello
I am just a micro player at PokerStars and through the Sunday Millions 13th Anniversary freerolls I won a ticket entry to the actual tournament, I was hoping to get some advice from someone who knows about poker
I am so happy and grateful to PokerStars for this opportunity
Congrats! Hope you did well :) Any specific questions on hands or situations? All the best!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Jeff, how u keep ur calm in a tournament when u made a 'bluff' lost same and are in the ur stack is 2× or equal to the big blind?
The mental side of poker is massive! You must remain cool, calm & collected in all situations! Takes practice and discipline.

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jeff, love the stream and the hand analysis. We all can learn a lot by just watching and listening to why you make certain plays. great stuff and love your energy.
Thanks for putting your content out there.
Really appreciate the kind words! Much more to come!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi. I have a question.

Is there such a thing in poker as bad luck ? Or its just low skill or not enough skill ?
Im asking because sometimes im playing long tournaments and im getting almost to pay place and suddently im starting to loose. Its my fault or i have bad luck ?
One of the primary reasons we love poker so much is the combination of luck & skill. there is certainly luck involved but so much skill! I would def take a look at this phase of the tournament & notice if you are changing the way you play, maybe being to cautious which can work against you if not playing optimally in certain spots! Something to think about! All the best & let's keep improving together!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Jeff,

Just wanted to ask you whenever you’re playing a long stretch of tournaments where everything seems to be going against you and bad beats seemingly don’t stop, how do you get yourself back on track? I know variance is a large part of the game but what is the key to stopping those cold streaks and getting the momentum to swing back the other way? Thanks
Great question. This is something that I can attest to over the pasty year or so in mtt. I have had lots of bubbles and sick hands that make me very frustrated at times. It's important to keep things in perspective & look at ways to improve and learn. Also dropping stakes or reducing volume is a good option as well.

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Jeff. Lately I've notice that I tend to bluff more than usually, and I mean MORE. In last week that cost me some micro tournaments. How could I diminish the urge to bluff so much.
We need to change places! I want to bluff more! bluffing is good if your bluffing in the right spots for the right reasons. I would suggest taking a few hands out of the combinations your bluffing with!