Jeff Gross (Poker Pro) - Ask Me Anything!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

CardsChat Pro/Twitch Partnered Streamer
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hey JEFF how i must divide my bankroll ? every time i make 40 50 $ i lose every thing in bad luck 5 min ! that makes me lose all past time making this bankroll
What stakes are you playing? I would take the win then & take a break until next session. Could be your less comfortable playing deeper stacked or have a mental block once up to keep moving forward. Yes i could see how that would be frustrating! I would suggest slowing down once you get up that amount!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Jeff, hi guys

I think my biggest flaw at poker is bankroll management. Can you provide some tips?
Yes, this is a huge part of poker! You must learn to apply discipline here. Play w/ what you can afford & pull down wins as you go. Also sell pieces to friends/ppl if you can and want to play higher. You should always make sure to have enough of a cushion to move up stakes. You can always move down if down swinging or sell pieces!

T

TanaT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Jeff. I wanted to ask about software. If not used, you can achieve such success. You are for or against programs that collect data from other players.

Cody5991

Cody5991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a huge online player and have really only played online but curious in your opinion do you think online poker rooms make the integrity of the game better or worse?

Galmedic

Galmedic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Jeff! Are you the same nice fellow I chat with on CardsChat FB page?

J

Johnny Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Jeff Gross

I am a long time fan and follower of yours.

Been nice to see the fruits of your labour after so much hard work come to fruitition.
What is your most fond memory of playing poker?

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you deal with going up in levels and then being stuck at one level more than the previous ones?

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you prepare yourself to long poker session? or you just wake up and start rolling :D

J

Johnny Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Royal Flush

Hi Jeff , how many times have you gotten a Royal Flush in poker?

For me over the course of playing the last 19-20 years I have received the Royal Flush 17 times. And every time it was the greatest feeling making me a nice profit every time.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's funny! I'm interested in your attitude to newcomers to poker, how do you look at them?

How much they are irritable to you, ambitious. Or vice versa interesting? How do you see them?

Last edited by a moderator:
A

azoppina609

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Forgive me if it's been answered, But how did you study, get so good at poker? Is it worth it?

Congrats on living the dream.

pretorijan

pretorijan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, this is a huge part of poker! You must learn to apply discipline here. Play w/ what you can afford & pull down wins as you go. Also sell pieces to friends/ppl if you can and want to play higher. You should always make sure to have enough of a cushion to move up stakes. You can always move down if down swinging or sell pieces!
Thats me.Thats what I need to do.But it is hard,very hard.From 10 do 100.And boom.But will try with your advices.Thanks Jeff

P

pablokap

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
wow! nice to have you here man! i'll follow you on twitch!

P

Pwohar43

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does it seem as though there is a. Lot of discontent and personal disrespect between players in poker in recent times? Pat

lackerboy

lackerboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello jeff, thanks for streaming on twitch! very informative)

Maikl113

Maikl113

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Jeff. What was your biggest skid in poker?

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
First, I'd like to say it is not very common to find a professional poker player willing to pass his long time knowledge with good will for many.

Thanks Jeff!
Thanks Cardschat!

Do you think poker players nowadays are becoming more aggressive and loose than the players in the past? Is anything to do with the huge number of players we have now?
What's your point of view?

Best of Luck

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First, I'd like to say it is not very common to find a professional poker player willing to pass his long time knowledge with good will for many.

Thanks Jeff!
Thanks Cardschat!

Do you think poker players nowadays are becoming more aggressive and loose than the players in the past? Is anything to do with the huge number of players we have now?
What's your point of view?

Best of Luck
Hey great to be here! I think it goes in waves. It is very important to be aware of population tendencies & trends. Things change all the time. It is important to be aware so you are the one exploiting, not the one being exploited!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Jeff. What was your biggest skid in poker?
Around 2013 I was in my biggest funk, I was in a hole in 200/400 NLH cash games as well as mtt's weren't going well! I had a nice score in the party poker premiere league VII finishing in 2nd place the $125,000 buy in tournament! This got things back on track!

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hey great to be here! I think it goes in waves. It is very important to be aware of population tendencies & trends. Things change all the time. It is important to be aware so you are the one exploiting, not the one being exploited!
Thanks a lot, Jeff.

Best of Luck