Jeff Gross (Poker Pro) - Ask Me Anything!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

CardsChat Pro/Twitch Partnered Streamer
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I meant to say is it smart to go in every time when the blinds are low
No, you still want to play solid hands in position that flop well in multi way pots. You can kick up the vpip but still don't play every hand!

Tamik228

Tamik228

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, Jeff. How do you evaluate the moves and how often do you move?

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Jeff,

I understand live tournament players travel alot to play in the best tournaments around the world. How do they afford the travel and accommodation expenses, are there ROI so high that it covers these costs ? do they take these expenses in to account when they calculate there equity in the schedule or are alot of these players sponsored ?

Cheers.

J

jaydaddy0325

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jeff I was wondering will you be joining everyone and hanging out with the TL10 anytime soon ?

D

delta9

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

hello Jeff. hello all

I.m allready on pokerstars since a long time... not really playing often. But since I moved into this new home I enjoy some free time again on online poker.

Is this site interresting for any new discovery for a site like unibet or whatever because a lot of new pokerrooms did appear those last years ..

I like the move to be a part of a poker community too but not easy To be present everyday

K

karlus185

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how was the beginning of his career and his difficulties

LoveGamblin00

LoveGamblin00

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello Jeff

I like playing S&G with turbo blinds ( 5 mins )
My biggest problem i think is middle game.
In the first blinds i like limping in with low suited connected ( 3/4 5/6 etc. ) or pocket`s.
I can easy fold a pair or a draw.
But as soon as mid game commes and blinds are like 100/200 with stack average of around 2/3k i feel like i lose to many chips there.
For example how would you on full table 9 players in early position play an AJs or 8`s if at all?
I seem to lose most with those seemingly strong hands but things tend to get crazy if I make it like 550 bet. A re-raise pre flop I can easy fold but after the flop it become much more difficult as I run in to q`s or k`s with a board J/8/2 having AJ for example
Should I play even more tight pre flop or is it my betting amount?

pretorijan

pretorijan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Huge welcome Jeff!!sure will folow you on twich.glad that we have someone professional for professional answers.looking foward to ask you some quastions about the game/Once again its the honour to have you with us.cheers

lexyyxel

lexyyxel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the difference between tourney and cash game ?

Hi JEFF, i would ask why when i play tourney my rank be in the the first 20 but when i play cash i loss my money ?

P

Pwohar43

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jeff I’m in a really bad rut. No good card, losing almost all coin flips, folding hands that win when played out. I need to change, don’t want to stop playing and I only play small stakes and freeroll Help, thx, Pat

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone! My name is Jeff Gross & I am a professional Poker player that streams on Twitch (JeffGrossPoker.tv) as well as creates YouTube videos (JeffGrossPoker). It would be great for you to come stop by my stream on Twitch (I am on every day now - September 17th) & you can ask me any questions here! Thank you - Jeff

JeffGrossPoker Twitch

https://www.youtube.com/jeffgrosspoker

JeffGrossPoker

what would be the best technique in your opinion, I know that there is a lot of element in poker, such as bluffing, the analysis of the opponents, but if there is only one advice to provide what would you say jeff?

fur90

fur90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi JEFF please tell me do you play maybe spin&go to a pokerstars and party poker wchith one site ist best on that type of game

I

Intellikill

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What is your advice for people trying to transition from a recreational player to a professional player?

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online v Real World

Hi Jeff,

Do you prefer online or live games and what do you feel are the biggest challenges to each. What online sites do you play?

C

coolcukes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

One of my nightmare hands is Ace with a small kicker. I play multi table tournaments only (until I can build a bankroll, I play in Americas Cardroom freerolls because I am from the US.) Is there a general rule of thumb to playing this hand. At this site everyone plays it suited or not suited, in any position and they bet heavy, what should I do please? thanks

pdcactus1

pdcactus1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
calling pre flop raises

I find it to be impossible to get players to fold with a regular 3-4 times preflop bet. usually, I'll raise playing paint or AceTen to AK and sometimes suited AceX or better(Tenten and up) in late position. Without a double I get at least one call and usually they are calling with any 2 suited from 23 up. and other stuff like J9os Q6 etc... and of course sometimes the sleeper any pair. Is there anything that can be done to stop this from happening? Thanks.

:icon_cycl:eek::cool:

P

psuedosuited

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK in MTT

Is AK the most valuable hand in mtts? It’s seems like AA and KK get cracked without fail but AK hits.

P

psuedosuited

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it to be impossible to get players to fold with a regular 3-4 times preflop bet. usually, I'll raise playing paint or AceTen to AK and sometimes suited AceX or better(Tenten and up) in late position. Without a double I get at least one call and usually they are calling with any 2 suited from 23 up. and other stuff like J9os Q6 etc... and of course sometimes the sleeper any pair. Is there anything that can be done to stop this from happening? Thanks.

:icon_cycl:eek::cool:

Is this is multi table tourneys or cash? I’ve noticed the same it mtts

prozitu

prozitu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In its opniao. How many hours is it advisable to play poker per day?

pdcactus1

pdcactus1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
MMT

Is this is multi table tourneys or cash? I’ve noticed the same it mtts

Yes, its MMTs I don't play anything but Tournaments. Just like playing small to middle Pocket Pairs. I usually try to see the flop cheap, waiting to see if I hit. In a tournament with a raise in front of you for say, a 3rd of your stack I'm just taking a chance of losing a lot if I call and miss.

:heeeellll:confused::heeeellll​

guwanch7777777

guwanch7777777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At a high speed of 0.55 blinds I played only 2 hands (for some stack). The first hand I got was the K5 on the SB. There was no pre-flop raise, so I just limped. On the flop, I get an Ad-Kh-5d that gave me two bottom pairs (lucky). After the flop, I made a bet of about 55% and got 1 call. I think the turn was one of the worst cards possible, we got 10d on the Board. This meant that any JQ or any 2 diamonds were ahead. Also I'm not in my place so it was a really bad moment for me. I decided to check / call but my opponent decided to check it too (thanks for that). Then the river showed me some love, there was Kd, which completed my full house. I decided to raise the bet again as 55% and got a re-raise about 4 times my raise, at that point I felt it went all-in but I thought I had a winning combination so I went all-in. The opponent called all-in with a flash. Yes, at the beginning of the game doubled

MadDeVille

MadDeVille

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Excelent

Hi Jeff, hi guys

I think my biggest flaw at poker is bankroll management. Can you provide some tips?

lexyyxel

lexyyxel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey JEFF how i must divide my bankroll ? every time i make 40 50 $ i lose every thing in bad luck 5 min ! that makes me lose all past time making this bankroll