Is it risk-free to use someone else's credit card to register your poker account?

smells_flushy

smells_flushy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are there any risks involved in asking a friend to use his credit card to register a poker account? Say, on party poker for example? If there are risks, then what are they?

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is NOT advisable. I've done exactly this (on specifically Party, at that) and it's going to be a major head-ache when they realize that the name on the credit card doesn't match the name of the person withdrawing the money. Make no mistake, depositing is easy. It's cashing out that's going to be a problem for you.

Don't do it.

/FP

Edit: I realize that I might come off as committing credit card fraud because I didn't specify the circumstances under which I deposited with someone else's credit card. Not to worry though, I had very good reason to use Lori's credit card. The reason was specifically that I didn't actually have my own credit card at the time (I was waiting for a new one to arrive in the mail) and since both of our cards are connected to the same bank account (mine) I figured that it didn't matter which one I used.

... Of course, Party Poker had no way of seeing that Lori's credit card was drawing money out of my bank account, so I had a bit of an issue when I wanted to cash out. I haven't actually gone back to Party since, but perhaps I ought to get that mess cleared up at some point. Heh.

smells_flushy

smells_flushy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But if I don't have a credit card, then I don't have a way to deposit money :(

How did you register? Did you finally register for a credit card?

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can you use neteller? Or can you get a credit card? Virtually anything will be easier than to use someone else's credit card.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Do you have a checking account? You can set up a Neteller Account (highly recommended), register your bank account with them, and use the instaCash feature to deposit at the poker site. It might take a day or two to get it all set up, but it's well worth it.

Check out this article about Neteller: https://www.cardschat.com/deposit/neteller/

If you have more questions, let me know.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you live in the US most major credit cards will not allow you to deposit at gambling sites anyway ( I work for one of them lol)

smells_flushy

smells_flushy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the link juicee. So is it risky to use someone else's credit card to deposit cash into your Neteller account, which will in turn be used on partypoker?

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thanks for the link juicee. So is it risky to use someone else's credit card to deposit cash into your Neteller account, which will in turn be used on PartyPoker?
OMG. Yes! If it's found out, Neteller would have every right to close your account. Why not use your own money? Do you not have a bank account of your own? Sorry to sound so harsh, but if you don't have the means yourself to play, well, then...you shouldn't in my honest opinion.

smells_flushy

smells_flushy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm 19. I currently don't have a bank account, but maybe I'll get one for the sake of being able to enjoy real money poker. Thanks.

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are 19 and don't have a checking account or credit card then perhaps playing poker for money online isn't the best thing to do right now.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Edit: I realize that I might come off as committing credit card fraud because I didn't specify the circumstances under which I deposited with someone else's credit card. Not to worry though, I had very good reason to use Lori's credit card. The reason was specifically that I didn't actually have my own credit card at the time (I was waiting for a new one to arrive in the mail) and since both of our cards are connected to the same bank account (mine) I figured that it didn't matter which one I used.

It would be credit card fraud - if you are not an authorized user on her account. Howver you have nothing to fear unless you make her very angry - she would have to accept responsibility for giving you access to her card - or be willing to file charges against you for using it without her knowledge.

Somehow I think you might be safe on that one lol.

smells_flushy

smells_flushy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alright, thanks for the help fellas. I'll register for a bank account ASAP.

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would be credit card fraud - if you are not an authorized user on her account. Howver you have nothing to fear unless you make her very angry - she would have to accept responsibility for giving you access to her card - or be willing to file charges against you for using it without her knowledge.

Somehow I think you might be safe on that one lol.
I was - am - an authorized user on her account, but the trouble of proving this to Party Poker is more hassle than I'd recommend anyone to attempt to go through. :p

(And yes, even so, I was of course using her card with her full knowledge of it - and no, I wouldn't recommend anyone else making the same mistake I did ;) )

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you can use one of those load it yourself visa cards. You can get them at a lot of stores for a set amount. They are a sort of like a phone card but it's a Visa card.

A

alan1983

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can send money by western union. Thats how i made my first deposit.