• Thread starter Alberto Martinez
  • Start date
A

Alberto Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many times one can see themselves in similar situations that others may be going through. I guess, I saw a player facing a situation where they were being berated for making a desperate call, winning the hand (river), and being berated for it. It turned out that the player was a CC member and I was glad that I did reach out. My advice was mainly "encouragement", my defense was pointing out that a player with a big stack normally does not make berating comments when their stack is small; therefore constituting coward-ism. I have played a couple of CC freerolls with CC members and I do not recall anyone speaking ill to anyone, and that really meant something to me. CC members are constantly posting or reading post. Many post' are designed to assist, encourage and teach. I have played buy-in tournaments (outside of CC) and the direct vulgarity appears to be used as a "Strategy". This type of attitude is probably used in there daily life and that thought alone is a sad one. The best "strategy" for that type of "strategy", I believe, is the "Invisible, None Responsive Strategy" (which then makes you a "Bot" in their comments; oh, well!). Be real, stay afloat, and don't get caught-up in hate-missions. Enjoy your game and be yourself. The best to you all! GOD bless you all!

S

StickyAf

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think people are very rude in all aspects of the internet. People say things they would never say to your face. Theres little accountability, so if they are mad, they just spout off. I usually always respond in kind, even if they aren't talking to me. I like to make them look stupid. Once challenged they usually play emotionally anyway, and you may turn the tables. Just try to be quick, witty, and correct. If you cant think of anything else, just say "I love it when they cry. Its my favorite part of the game". Sometimes that shuts them up, and sometimes(if your lucky), they will turn into a total spaz..

E

emirlidan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in those situations esp in real life you just ignore it. people are going to be bitter and the only worst thing than a sore loser is the arm chair sore loser that wasn't involved but has an opinion.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have known much worse on poker star. I have already been insulted because I had won a pot and I am of African origin. personally I never respond in these situations. because it is useless and all that interests me is to stay focused on the game.

swerdnase

swerdnase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People often show their ugly sides whenever money is involved. I recently got called a whole bunch of things by a player after I took a huge pot off of them. That player then berated someone else after losing another pot. I looked them up on sharkscope and saw that they are down $13k. I guess I'd always be looking for someone to blame too if I lost that much money playing micros.