It is a habit or attachment.?

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi..I've been getting very tired at work lately.But the desire to play has not disappeared.Waiting for a 100 Freeroll.Play.After the first break, the cards begin to float. The desire to win fades.I'm starting to take risks.I'm happy to lose the stack and go to bed.But the next day I'm waiting for the Freeroll again.It is a habit or attachment.?

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
attachment. after the introduction of the new format, I also do not have time to play normally, fall asleep after the first break, but the next day I wait for the tournament again. I have developed especially warm relations with some members of the club. I love everything, peace.

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournament fatigue or boredom is definitely a thing and something to combat when playing online. Unless playing in real life where there are other non-poker things to draw your attention or give you a break from the tournament, online is a different feel and it all looks the same after awhile, so I can see why you may feel that way after the first break. Even something as simple as the pitching of cards to you and having something to physically touch in live tournaments makes it easier to stay locked in and less bored in my opinion.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Greetings. This excitement guides you. Never play poker when you are tired. The concentration of attention due to poor health is reduced. Do not play after work and take a break until the weekend. I wish you all the best.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
jugar poker

hola.creo that if you can not handle those situations are going to have problems. but if the day comes when you do not watch out it can be related to a related pathology game.

Last edited:
MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What ever you want to call it, doesn't change the fact that it is not good. Might try some SnG micro-stakes to see if those hold your interest. I went through the same thing, came to the conclusion it was a waste of time. It bothered me to play well, lose focus and then fail.

Played shorter fields of short table, 6 person and was done after one game, regardless of the outcome. Then BR was growing, was more focused and that worked for me. I'd figure out what it will take to change the attitude about playing or take some time away for awhile. Good luck on what works. Please post the results and what you did to overcome this.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
hi..I've been getting very tired at work lately.But the desire to play has not disappeared.Waiting for a 100 Freeroll.Play.After the first break, the cards begin to float. The desire to win fades.I'm starting to take risks.I'm happy to lose the stack and go to bed.But the next day I'm waiting for the Freeroll again.It is a habit or attachment.?

Looks like a Habit with Attachments

If the desire to win fades after the first break, possibly find tournaments with smaller fields of players and shorter running games. But If your also happy to lose a stack and go to bed, It seems more like more rest or possibly a break from the game for a few weeks or even months might be the solution.
I would start with more rest and see where it takes you.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! If you are looking forward to a tournament that you are ready to sacrifice your vacation, it’s difficult to call it a habit, I would say you are a gamer and of course it is affection. Try to refuse one tournament and analyze how it was given to you, this will be the answer to your question.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes I also get tired after work and then it is very difficult for me to remain patient. I try not to start the game if I feel tired.

Helvec

Helvec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good question, personally I had a problem that I could not leave it. He used to play a Freeroll, which gave out a few seats. There were occasions that I used to find myself with a huge pile of chips, being one of the leaders of the tournament, but my desire faded as the tournament went by. I think I needed a reason, a sense to continue playing, yes of course, the dollars were a satisfaction, but that was not enough. He needed to understand that I play poker because I like it, not out of necessity. I think that this becomes a habit until we find the meaning in poker of each action we carry out.

R

rasam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I Was Like you Few Years Ago With The Tournaments , Then i Realize That i Dont Like Playing Tournaments Anymore and i Stop Playing For Few Years But Now i`m Playing Tournament Again and I enjoy It Even More Than Cash Games ,

Your Mind Set Is Different and You Have To Find Another Type Of Game That Makes you Fell Good You Play it And Dont Feel how Time Pass