Insomnia6590

Insomnia6590

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think poker can not learn from the book
Many of the tournaments that can be played can easily deny things from the book very easily
I realized that I have to use common sense and intuition
but at tournaments, common sense can deceive a man
I think intuition is the most important

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I noticed more if you play every day for hours, the game gets better and more correct decisions, so practice the most important thing.

Milosika1991

Milosika1991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you that poker does not get out of the book, it's simply a game of outbursts in which the commonest common sense is the most important, and that makes good decisions ...

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to do a right decisions you need to play more poker. This is not only books - right now you can find lots of information in the videos. But anyway if you didn,t play enough hours you will make mistakes even if you watch lots of videos. It,s important just to play the game and take experience.

H

Hondo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously the math side of the game can found in books. Interpreting your "intuition" as being able to make reads on your opposition, i think it is fair to say that some people are better judges of character than others. To be proficient at poker your need to be able to apply your learned knowledge and use your intuition simultaneously.

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
intuition or common sense? if to accumulate experience, to try different styles of play, to make mistakes and the correct conclusions after them. that the intuition becomes common sense.

M

maykmar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing poker is an art, you have to learn how to play and reading your opponents, it costs a lot, but that's the idea that is fun, you can learn every day and as the days pass you become more intuitive

L

lastpostal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Intuition the product of the subconscious mind. The more experience the more one can rely on intuition

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Common sense and inner intuition in General give a result...

NCDaddy

NCDaddy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
common sense does not = intuition. common sense implies, by it's very name, that whatever it is you're analyzing, most (hence "common") would come to the same conclusion.

Intuition is more of an individual "gut" feeling or reaction to a situation. In poker, each hand you play you can use both but your intution, based on experience and knowledge, can help you overcome the common.

E

Edvin55555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The real art for me it's to win a coin flip in late stages of mtt. There are masters that are doing it regularly. I don't know how to improve this skill.

R

rjbregib

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your intuition can tell you to stay on the draw that the flush is coming but when it does not come you lose. Common sense tells you the same thing reality is sometimes you win and sometimes you lose with either intuition or common sense

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
intuition can help you in live poker because your opponent is in front of you, in online poker there is no intuition, there is only an analysis of the opponent's game

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea that little voice that tells you something is wrong in the hand play out is usually correct.

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Intuition is not always on your side need a strategy game on the course.

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fully agree with you intuition and luck are the two things that you need in poker ,in online for sure

Insomnia6590

Insomnia6590

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
intuition can help you in live poker because your opponent is in front of you, in online poker there is no intuition, there is only an analysis of the opponent's game
I do not agree with you
It is very difficult to analyze the players in the tournament
there are too many aggressive players and this analysis does not help

D

ds276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that 99% is common sense, only about 1% - one can rely on one's intuition.

cazual88

cazual88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm used to relying on common sense. But if I have a very large stack, I sometimes allow myself to listen to intuition.

Q

Quads2017

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Common sense is putting in practise what you have learned from the books (pre-flop ranges, equity, odds, when to call raises etc).

Intuition is denying what you know is the best play and gamble...

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My intuition is not very good when it comes to poker, lately I have only lost when I think that the decision I am making at that particular moment is correct where it is in fact wrong. I prefer to follow the advice of the experts for now, who knows in the future I can be more self-confident enough to follow my intuition.

LxixDude

LxixDude

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you need to study and play poker to develop that "common sense" strategy playing. Intuition based on knowledge of reading a player is important also when in game.

R

rmarquescampos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You MUST study, for sure...But experience is the best field to improve your skills.
I was promising myself that I would only start playing after reading 1 or 2 books, turns out I never read anything or started playing until I opened my pokerstars account and played with fake cash.
First two 12500 of play money I lost in less than 5 minutes.
3 days later I did my first tournament (with 90 persons) and came into third.
Now, 5 days since I started playing, I'm studying and watching videos all the time to get even better.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My wife has women's intuition. I use common sense. She loses her chips. I am a winning player.

Intuition is about reading people. Common sense in poker is about understanding the game and not making mistakes.

Donks make mistakes and still win, because they "had a feeling". But that is not the norm. They also make mistakes and lose their bankroll. That does not bother them. They reload and keep making the same mistakes.

Go for the "common sense" and you will be a winner.

M

mhsmeet

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is more about the instinct if you believe me, which everyone of us possess, because when you are put in tough spots, it is only on instincts that quick decisions can be made. Common sense or intuition cease their job there. Mostly these "tough spots" are the only spots in tournaments that become "deciding" for your journey ahead in tournament. At the end of the day, poker is just a hunting game we all play, either you hunt me or I hunt you down....but never lose the site of your instinct as it saves you from being hunt down...