Interesting fact!!!

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Ace". Its origin comes from the old french word with the value “one”. An interesting fact of poker is that in the first rules Ace was the lowest card, it was quite difficult to win with him. However, later the poker rules began to change and Ace became the highest card in the deck.Tuz karta bumaga igra staryy 7697 1366x768
Many players even wondered why poker has such a name. The French confidently assert that this game appeared precisely in their country. She was called "Poque". An interesting fact is that the rules of this game were different from modern poker.
In Germany, the origin of the game does not agree. Here it is believed that poker comes from the German word "pochen"12
Historians have confirmed the fact of poker, which on 4 cards of kings depicts the great figures of the past 1)
The king of the club personifies the commander Alexander the Great. 2)The card of hearts is similar to Charles the First 3) King - spades David is known throughout the world 4)The King of Diamonds personifies Julius CaesarDbc167b3a8fdf3

And lastly! Mayor election with poker)))In New Mexico there is a law that with an equal number of votes, the winner is determined by the game. There is a known case in the USA when a poker game decided which candidate would occupy the current post in the city. It happened in 1998. Two candidates scored 68 votes each. The first candidate, Farrington, chose the poker game. The second candidate wanted to roll the dice to determine the winner. To select a game, a coin was thrown. An interesting fact is that in the end they chose the game of poker, and it was she who was able to bring victory to the election to Farrington and make him mayor of the city :D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
naydanazar

naydanazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not even know, Thanks for the info))

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Intresting to know that poker was invented in france.
I personally don't really see the things with the kings. To me all the kings look the same.

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had never heard of it, living and learning always, thank you for sharing that information.