the influence of poker on me

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing live poker with friends and even strangers to me, and this greatly influenced my worldview, relationships with other people, my politeness and patience in life. For example, after strong losses, I became more protected from stress in real life, I became calmer negative sides of our sometimes difficult life. And after the winnings, on the contrary, I began to feel more acutely the failures of other people, their experiences and emotions. I felt a little sorry for them, and I began to share part of the money from my winnings with them in the form of drinks, food and pleasant trifles for them. And how live poker influenced you like a person.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker has taught me how to be in better control of my anger in every day life. Bad things happen and I can get into my poker mindset and say, "Ok, don't let this piss you off, think about it logically, what can you do to improve the situation."

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played live poker a couple of times with friends and acquaintances, I don’t really like playing with friends, because at some points in the game I feel sorry for my friends and I cannot raise big bets against them, so it’s better and more pleasant for me to play online poker and win against other players from different countries, but I would really like to win a ticket somewhere and participate in a good and expensive tournament- in a live tournament event!

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play only online. But poker also had a positive impact on my life. Discipline and patience are two key skills that I have developed well in myself, thanks to this great game.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The good player develops qualities that go beyond the poker table. he will grow up in many spheres to which he would never have thought. It is a fact, poker forces the human to always exceed himself mentally. First you have to reach a sufficient level, then always reinvent yourself in order to stay at the top. Poker helps me adjust to changing situations and encompass all the decision-making factors that are provided to me in my decision-making.

U

urachicho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Big heart :)

Didnt play live yet but I like the way you think about other people.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Who really influenced me in poker was a friend of mine, we were 19 when he qualified to the LAPT (Latin American Poker Tour) for free at pokerstars, he won a complete package to argentina and he finished second in that tournament, he won from nothing, 217,000 USD, he then teached me some stuff and that when poker turned an important part of my life.

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Definitely poker influenced. I became more relaxed about the problems in life. Look for the best solution and never give up.

T

tayday79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing live poker with friends and even strangers to me, and this greatly influenced my worldview, relationships with other people, my politeness and patience in life. For example, after strong losses, I became more protected from stress in real life, I became calmer negative sides of our sometimes difficult life. And after the winnings, on the contrary, I began to feel more acutely the failures of other people, their experiences and emotions. I felt a little sorry for them, and I began to share part of the money from my winnings with them in the form of drinks, food and pleasant trifles for them. And how live poker influenced you like a person.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
we need more people like you in this world

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I never play with friends, but it is obvious that thanks to poker, I became more focused and I can easily control my emotions.

gallocobain

gallocobain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I start play poker with my grandpa one day before he die and I won just one time him.

phantomjiujitsu

phantomjiujitsu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's a poker analogy for every situation in life, any time something good or bad happens I typically think about whatever cliche poker saying would fit the moment hahaha

W

who115

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing poker in live games with friends also. I learned the ropes this way and how to socialize. How to manage my money. I also learned how to read people.

I

induce

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
for sure!

poker teaches you discipline and psychology; it will quickly humble you as well!

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hello
Food for thought

Good point raised.

Poker does influence a player in a big way, but TBT every sport does that when played with a good heart.
Its important to go out and meet people be it in live poker rooms or in any other games.

Communication is the key my friend...

Stevendewitt7

Stevendewitt7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I associate poker with life as well. Serving a long prison sentence all i had was poker. It got me thru. I learned all i know from guys serving life sentences. Online is different but still poker.

TheniT

TheniT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No doubt poker leaves the person with more patience and more ability to deal with stress, over time the person persebe that emotions hinder their decision making.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker in General has changed my life and me, and to be honest to the end I'm not sure that for the better.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also noticed positive changes in my life thanks to poker. Resistance to stress, quick calculations in the head about the profitability of investments, resistance to trash talking and additional money :) .

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker teaches a person to make the best decisions. First, you make them at the poker table: you try to get more profitable value-bet, you decide to play with an isolate against the limpers.
Then it comes to you that the whole life consists entirely of making certain decisions, and the level of this life itself depends on the quality of the decisions made.
Yes, of course, the ability to make the most optimal decisions in certain situations can be learned without playing a single hand at poker. However, in my opinion, no other method can compare with poker in efficiency.

Ignoramus380

Ignoramus380

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks to poker, I realized how destructive the ego can be.

M

mulliongc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Almost every comment above makes mention of some positive affect that poker has on the person making the comment. Am I then to glean that poker has only positive affects? I think not. For instance, poker is not, in and of itself, a charitable activity and I read somewhere once that charity is the greatest of all attributes found in mankind. I know how I feel after experiencing a bad session at the table, and charitableness is NOT at the top of that list. I do recognize that there are those that become quite charitable after a big score, but again, poker, in and of itself, is not a pastime that encourages charity. Just the opposite I think. And I'll bet there are other examples of how poker can damage or otherwise negatively affect any one of us who spend so much time, maybe too much time, at the tables. Hope this diatribe doesn't rain on the parade.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Poker until slightly affected the exchange, but I'm just starting, but I have become more patient and more polite, I think this game will add my positive qualities ...

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I completely agree. Poker helped me to better analyze and react to everyday situations and to also better control my emotions. These are very useful skills in normal life just like in poker.

G

gaguilu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thank you

I'm starting now, I still have no influence, but I'll put into practice what you've done, thank you