in your opinion

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would be the only one to win that running in an ALL IN pre-flop with J7 .. in my hand, where I would make 2 pairs or someone else at the table ... in my opinion, none of the three would win this game because that hand belonged to a player who ran with 5 in his hand. hand or he could even have a pair of 55 and run or even 58 in the hand.

Attachments

• 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 24
SecksyGambler

SecksyGambler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When evaluating the hand in question, you should consider the action of the players as they see the cards on the table.

Assuming all three of you went all in before the flop, you would have a 9.17% chance to win the pot. That is severely -EV.

Someone with 58s would have a 21.2% of winning. Again, severely -EV.

Lastly, someone with pocket 5's would have a 19.23% chance of winning. Severely -EV.

While in this specific hand, all of these hands would hit and become profitable, in the long run, if the same hands were dealt and the cards in the middle were random, these hands are expected to lose far more than they are to win. You would need roughly 30% equity to warrant a call in this spot, I'm afraid that, against pocket Aces, no hand combination gets such odds.

The moral of the story is not to go against pocket aces. They're always going to be a winning hand preflop.

If you want to double check my odds or check other odds in the future, here's a like to the odds calculator I used.
https://www.cardschat.com/poker-odds-calculator.php

R

Rodriguesxr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad hand j7 Just in case you are shortstack...in my opinion

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Going all in preflop with J7 is nothing to write home about. It would be a neat move on the river, if you thought no one had the 5 and nobody hit a set.

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Winning with J7o against AA and AJs is pure gambling with -EV and just luck. Pocket AA is about 80% favorite in this situation ... you win in 20 cases of 100 total. Even AJs is favorite against you.