Important rule

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its not what you have, its what your opponents think you have. You need to play the player, not the cards. Sometimes you can win with 72 if you present your hand in such a way to make your opponent fold. This game is mixture of playing cards and playing the opponent. Fast thinking is what you need in order to succeed. You need to run in your hand all the possible outcomes, all possible cards your opponent might have, all of his movement as they might give him away, all of his playing history, and all of that you need to process in matter of seconds. Thats why i love this game so much.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its not what you have, its what your opponents think you have. You need to play the player, not the cards. Sometimes you can win with 72 if you present your hand in such a way to make your opponent fold. This game is mixture of playing cards and playing the opponent. Fast thinking is what you need in order to succeed. You need to run in your hand all the possible outcomes, all possible cards your opponent might have, all of his movement as they might give him away, all of his playing history, and all of that you need to process in matter of seconds. Thats why i love this game so much.

Agreed, but one more important thing, its what ur opponent have, if he has the nuts, he wouldn't care about your cards.

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed, but one more important thing, its what ur opponent have, if he has the nuts, he wouldn't care about your cards.

Thats what i meant by saying you need to think off every hand your opponent could have.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to occasionally play your cards like when you have a huge hand and you want to get max value. I agree with what you're saying but it's much more complex and couldn't generalized because don't forget the cruel circumstances of variance. You can play the best poker in the world and still be a victim. It's the overall game you play throughout your entire life the defines you as a poker player. It's that complex

Poker Rules - Poker Games