I'm Starting a Poker Blog

C

coachlary69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck with the poker blog. I've been keeping a blog for quite some time and it comes everything from poker to life in general. I have found that the blog helps me vent when necessary since no one around me plays poker, and it also allows me to put my thoughts down and come back to them later. In fact, I just wrote in my blog for today and one of the things I covered was a hand in which I received Kings in a freeroll and folded when an Ace came on the flop. Knowing how players at this level like to play almost any Ax hand, when my opponent donk bet into me I knew it was best just to fold and move on to the next hand. I ended up min-cashing in this tournament for the very first hand and I think that hand was one of the keys to doing so.

bujjhati

bujjhati

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thats cool man, i wish could do one of my own, but i dont have the time its needed, maybe when i graduate i will give it a try

wayrOK

wayrOK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well as they say good luck and prosperity :) Good luck !

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck with the poker blog. I've been keeping a blog for quite some time and it comes everything from poker to life in general. I have found that the blog helps me vent when necessary since no one around me plays poker, and it also allows me to put my thoughts down and come back to them later. In fact, I just wrote in my blog for today and one of the things I covered was a hand in which I received Kings in a freeroll and folded when an Ace came on the flop. Knowing how players at this level like to play almost any Ax hand, when my opponent donk bet into me I knew it was best just to fold and move on to the next hand. I ended up min-cashing in this tournament for the very first hand and I think that hand was one of the keys to doing so.

Yes, blogging can be therapeutic, especially in poker where it can be a lonely internal struggle sometimes, no matter how many poker friends you have.

GL w/ your blog, and if you signup for newsletter you just get blog updates from me. No spam ever.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thats cool man, i wish could do one of my own, but i dont have the time its needed, maybe when i graduate i will give it a try

Yes, please graduate first before blogging. :)

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I reckon he thinks his 77 is good on the flop and probably the turn and in any case he picked up a bit more equity on with the diamond draw so he's calling the turn.
When you bet the river largish he suddenly realizes maybe his 77 isn't good anymore and what can he do to win the pot. He may still wonder if his 77 is good as you're aggro enough to fire 3 streets with AK. But he decides that a check raise as cheap as he can get away with repping the flush looks strong and might be enough. He's not good enough to compute pot odds on the end and won't be expecting you to call with 1 pair.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I reckon he thinks his 77 is good on the flop and probably the turn and in any case he picked up a bit more equity on with the diamond draw so he's calling the turn.
When you bet the river largish he suddenly realizes maybe his 77 isn't good anymore and what can he do to win the pot. He may still wonder if his 77 is good as you're aggro enough to fire 3 streets with AK. But he decides that a check raise as cheap as he can get away with repping the flush looks strong and might be enough. He's not good enough to compute pot odds on the end and won't be expecting you to call with 1 pair.

Well, you're the detective, but I still can't make sense of it. :)

KERAPUTIH

KERAPUTIH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
(thumb) For your blog
it is really good and educative (y),
I would subscride and get the Free E-book.

Thanks mate.

R

ryangray420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pretty good guys ive tried blogging before alot of work

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
(thumb) For your blog
it is really good and educative (y),
I would subscride and get the Free E-book.

Thanks mate.

Thank you! And if you subscribe it's not a free e-book, but a full on 22 lesson course, and access to over 350+ training videos. So... it's a pretty good deal, but I'm biased. :)

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Enjoyed the last video in your blog. Thanks!

RogerG2k

RogerG2k

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck you have very susseso on your blog are together little brother
;)

6a6yJIbkO_o

6a6yJIbkO_o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck with the blog. I like reading blogs about poker, I hope I like your blog. If your blog will help me to improve my game, I'll be very happy.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck with the blog. I like reading blogs about poker, I hope I like your blog. If your blog will help me to improve my game, I'll be very happy.

I think it should. Check out the archives for hand history reviews and poker articles. There should be plenty in there that will help you out.

J

JaneMars312

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I found a very interesting information, thanks, certainly subscribed