I'm scolded by my girlfriend, that I play a lot)

NevermoreSF1

NevermoreSF1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a strange topic, but I wonder if I'm the only one?
Just my girlfriend is afraid that I will lose a lot of money)
Haha)
It's just she really scolds me for poker !!!
And I love him and play it!:cool::cool:

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
teach her to play and play strip poker with her, lol.

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My wife limits my deposits for poker, because she always tells me i never win big money. heh $40 a week, which is okay for me, better than nothing
girlfriends are much different than wives.

S

step055

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
try to find a compromiss))) That's the only way I think

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing you can do here if you stop playing poker she scold you for something else just next time you win and make withdrawal buy her something nice and make sure you lose only what you can afford to lose not good idea to lose house food money lol

S

Streethawk71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the issue is money, learn good bankroll managment and stick to it! Plenty of good sites out there will tell you about it. If you can turn a small profit and work it up, that's never going to be a relationship breaker!

But if the issue is time then you have to make sure you spend time together doing things that you both actually enjoy; as well as the things you do apart.

M

Mepper95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I told my boyfriend that he should apply good BRM and use the money he won from freerolls. I do the same and we enjoy playing poker together :D

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankroll Management IS the key. Never deposit more than you can afford to lose. No such thing as playing 'catch-up'. Overspending creates a serious stress issue that can destroy a game as well, besides ending relationships.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well there might be one of following 3 things or combination of them that looks like a problem for her:

1. Money - if you play and loose too much money on poker which affect your normal life then she is right to be scolding you. As mentioned above good bankroll management is the key to avoid such situations.

2. Time - if you spend too much time on poker instead with her she may decide that poker is more important to you than she is and be jealous from that. If so just try to calculate how much time you spend playing and make better balance.

3. There are people which try to be masters in any relationship and dominate their partner. If poker is just one of the many things for which she is constantly scolding you - well you should evaluate if you want such relationship or not.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its funny you bring this up. My wife encourages me to play. It was actually in our vowes (written by her) that she wouldn't get upset when I spend a lot of time at the poker table/in front of the computer playing. Now keep in mind I'm a profitable player too. Personally I do it for a little income, and for the love of the game. She actually considers it a part time job for me. Im sure if I actually became addicted, and started losing money she would change her mind.

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
teach her to play and play strip poker with her, lol.

good one :) i have a friend that claims that poker destroyed his reltionship of seven years, pre - mariagge and all that, i guess he went all in and she mucked :p :)

nopainnogain

nopainnogain

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My ex used to say that poker was my problem with her and this greatly influenced her decision to get apart.Women.

hyperion

hyperion

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife doesn't like me playing poker too!She always says that poker can destroy my financial life.But I play only MTT's with cheap buy in and I don't spend too much money with deposits.

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great analogy, I think the allin - muck happens in other relationships as well.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im single so I do not have this issue. But I win more than I lose and have good bankroll management along with playing more casually.

B

boonvech

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play a lot and improve skill to make more win than lose.My wife will not say anything if I can make money from playing poker.

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its funny you bring this up. My wife encourages me to play. It was actually in our vowes (written by her) that she wouldn't get upset when I spend a lot of time at the poker table/in front of the computer playing. Now keep in mind I'm a profitable player too. Personally I do it for a little income, and for the love of the game. She actually considers it a part time job for me. Im sure if I actually became addicted, and started losing money she would change her mind.

Can't believe if you are reasonable profitable player, you could loose your mind and become addicted and start just loosing your money. Until your name is Gus Hanson... :biggrin:
Seriously, how can come to these? You must become alcoholic or drug addicted first. Because if you are profitable player, usually you wouldn't like to change it at any costs, right?

NevermoreSF1

NevermoreSF1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play a lot and improve skill to make more win than lose.My wife will not say anything if I can make money from playing poker.
You are lucky, you have a wise wife)

K

KevinLee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tell her that she should be concerned about her own finances and you'll do the same. If for whatever you feel the need to stay involved with someone that worries about something they don't understand or is just a control freak then tell her you are just playing play money.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here it is necessary to seek a compromise. Just set the limit of investing money in poker per month (which you can spend) and do not exceed it.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Buy her 7 red roses and tell her it's paid from winnings.

D

Dirosanok

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Set up your limits , that's the key :)

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My girlfriend says she can find more change in a parking lot than I make playing poker. Instead of an arguement it is an anecdote.