I'm going pro!!

L

LukeSilver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So as some of you may or may not be aware i debated going full time poker player and quitting my job but was scared of government legislation killing the game in the uk.

I am now doing it I am going to go part time at work and semi full time on the poker. this gives me the foot in the door to go back to full time work if poker does get killed in this country but enough time to also play the game with a little bit of security in definitive wages.

the decision to quit work was made when it was realised that I really was able to make more then double the money on poker then i do from my job. after discussing it openly with my boss at work I decided it better to go part time work semi full time poker pro.

they did not want to lose me I am a very good worker.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds like big news for sure, might be a little over exaggeration about the biggest announcement ever though. Being exuberant is good step in the right direction. Good luck and keep us updated on the success.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congratulations on an important decision (now it's small to start winning big). Good luck!

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck, IMO it would be smart to keep your job until you have a very stable bankroll. Even then you should look at a second way to make income.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats,,, :D Now get 2 work! :fight:

BenImortal

BenImortal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow.... what a move! Good luck and enjoy it! It feels like that it a smart step to go part time and later on move on full time. The fact of wining double on poker than your normal job is a milestone!

I'm curious to know the reaction of your boss. Can you share a little bit about it? Of course if you don't mind!

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
:five:

All the best, I hope our paths cross on the job someday! :wink:

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
congratulations for having succeeded in making good gains in poker. it is always the most important factor when making the decision to make it your profession. I wish you good luck for your next games.

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you already making double your wages from poker you're on a good track and seems a good decision.
GL

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are obviously self assured, this is not a knock, I wish you the best.
Personally I feel that is what is holding me back, lack of confidence in my game. Not many people have a job that allows them to what you are doing.
Keep posting winning tips if make it big.

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So as some of you may or may not be aware i debated going full time poker player and quitting my job but was scared of government legislation killing the game in the uk.

I am now doing it I am going to go part time at work and semi full time on the poker. this gives me the foot in the door to go back to full time work if poker does get killed in this country but enough time to also play the game with a little bit of security in definitive wages.

the decision to quit work was made when it was realised that I really was able to make more then double the money on poker then i do from my job. after discussing it openly with my boss at work I decided it better to go part time work semi full time poker pro.

they did not want to lose me I am a very good worker.
I wish you luck and look forward to seeing you on TV table.:top:

youri

youri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Massive big up from me. Don't worry about legislation and what not, whatever happens happens. Good luck and keep us updated on your journey.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This is a responsible decision !!! I hope you will succeed !!! Good luck !!!

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck in this difficult task! Let everything work out!

SHIZIKK

SHIZIKK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A well-considered decision, having been successful in your endeavors.

S

scrappypower

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good luck on going pro hope u have the mine set