I'm disappointed in my poker results

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm trying to play several SNG's, focused on building a bankroll to level up, but the results do not come. I still have many vices and flaws in the game as if I were a beginner, but I should already be playing like a regular.

Most of my bad results are due to me not following my strategy, another part is due to the type of opponent I meet at the tables, that is because they are very good, or because they make absurd moves that end up working out the luck , like going allin in a flopraimbow and getting flush on the river.

I believe that by the end of August I will be able to finish repairing mine flaws and I will be conditioned to reach the best positions, another factor that influences a lot in the quality of my games is the time, but I am organizing to play without distractions.

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish you success ... in your hard way poker ..))
let God give you a monetary profit and only cash profit ..))
:stupido:

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you playing micro-stakes? You should benefit more times with those crazy all ins than not. As far as beating yourself with bad calls, that shouldn't be happening.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm trying to play several SNG's, focused on building a bankroll to level up, but the results do not come. I still have many vices and flaws in the game as if I were a beginner, but I should already be playing like a regular.

Most of my bad results are due to me not following my strategy, another part is due to the type of opponent I meet at the tables, that is because they are very good, or because they make absurd moves that end up working out the luck , like going allin in a flopraimbow and getting flush on the river.

I believe that by the end of August I will be able to finish repairing mine flaws and I will be conditioned to reach the best positions, another factor that influences a lot in the quality of my games is the time, but I am organizing to play without distractions.

Welcome to the club stay positive I find laughing helps when I run like a turtle crawling backwards:hahaha:

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just sharpen your skills a little bit more, you are already analyzing your game.
take notes on these players, keep playing them, beat them...

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

One obvious word of advice - i think this may well improve your results.

Try not to multi table for a week or reduce the number of tables you play and then see how your results stack up after 1 month

Try it and let me know

regards

pirateglenn

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you playing micro-stakes? You should benefit more times with those crazy all ins than not. As far as beating yourself with bad calls, that shouldn't be happening.
I'm playing low limits, most of the time I play SNG 45 players. Eventually I play other things, but I have been policed ​​to avoid other games.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, it is important to try to improve your game every day. It is also important to plan your development, but in my opinion it is not really possible to predict the amount of profit you should receive from the game. You just need to play and enjoy the game.

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

As far as your lack of not following your own strategy, no one will be able to assist you on this matter; this solely has to fall on your shoulders for not having self-control.
But when it comes to bad beats when you are in an allin, this one is manageable, you really need to minimize these types of moves without having the nuts/ (best possible hands), calling all in’s without having the nut leaves you open to all kinds of hazards relying on only luck.
So stop shoving allin will eliminate many of your bad beats.
Good luck with controlling your self-discipline.

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do different strategies at the tables?
Maybe opponents can read you easily.
Mixing up strategies can make you better in SNG's. I'm not saying to do this all the time, just when you need to.

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm trying to play several SNG's, .

Ever try cash games?
The variance is much lower.

SnGs, MTTs, Jackpot SnGs, SnG2.0 are all high variance, high gamble games.
cash games are the bread and butter. Get good at cash and you'll be better at tournaments.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Success in working with errors and forward...

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is how it should be. You're doing the right thing. And be sure to win sooner or later. The most important thing is to follow the strategy.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As far as your lack of not following your own strategy, no one will be able to assist you on this matter; this solely has to fall on your shoulders for not having self-control.
But when it comes to bad beats when you are in an allin, this one is manageable, you really need to minimize these types of moves without having the nuts/ (best possible hands), calling all in’s without having the nut leaves you open to all kinds of hazards relying on only luck.
So stop shoving allin will eliminate many of your bad beats.
Good luck with controlling your self-discipline.
I don't like to shoving or call allin, but sometimes it's necessary, certain players going allin with almost all their hands, depending of the stage and the stack I can not will be able to fold for a long time or the blinds and antes will make me lose the game.

I try to call with the top of my range, sometimes going to a coinflip, but I end up losing for a worst hand in the most of the cases.

I am improving my self discipline and focusing on learning more.

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
me too. i was traveling with the family, got back home. getting back to playing. getting bad beats doesnt help either

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I am sorry but a decrease chart is a indicator that something is wrong. I really recommend you analize your play, look for learning and practice concepts that you dont know and prepare your mind to be a winner.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm glad you're not disappointed. And you try to fix the flaws in your game. Not every player can do that. Keep it up!

D

Dayvisson01

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello friend, you are going through is normal, we've all been through it at some point in our journey. What we can not give up our dreams are, as you said one of your problems by not evolve in poker is your mistakes, I suggest you start to review their tournaments so you can identify and correct these errors. bad beat, do not worry about them, if you follow a proper strategy doing all right in the long run the result will come.

T

Tricktappic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Sng's can be very swingy at times and i'm talking soul crushing, confidence depleting variance. Do you use tracking software? Holdem manager or poker tracker? How many of these SnG's have you played? What is the sample size? Honestly, it's really easy to get discouraged if you are swinging downward. This can make you believe you need to change your strategy or make you believe that poker is only 'luck'. The best piece of advice i can give you if you are serious about SnG's and want to make a steady profit is this;

1)Track your results:

This means using a tracking software like HM or PT4. This will help you identify wether or not you are actually playing well and on the bad side of variance or vice versa. Not only that, but it actually gives you your confidence back if you are playing well and on a losing streak.

2) study ICM

Knowing how to play different stack sizes is vital to become a successful sng player. If you do not know how to play a large stack to a very shallow stack at different stages of the sng, chances are you will get crushed by the more competent regs. Putting yourself in the most optimal decision making mind frame is imperative to your LONG and short term success.

3) Be fearless

Never change your decision making when you wouldn't normally (if it is the most optimal decision) if variance is getting the better of you. If you are on a 10-20 buy in downswing it is easy to have the mindset of "Here we go again, im gunna jam here and i'm gunna lose again no doubt" its damaging to at least getting you out of a downswing. Trust in your game and be confident. How can we be confident in our game? Go back to what i said in part 1).

4) NEVER TILT

yep, the never tilt rule. Easier said than done right? Well, it's true. Even more so than cash games. Tilt is easily the number 1 reason alot of good players actually have just ok results rather than great results. Keep your emotions in check, play solid ALWAYS, and bring your A game always. If you can manage to eliminate tilt by a good measure, your gunna see your results sky rocket over the long run. If your having a bad day...just quit. If you feel.youraelf getting flusterred and moaning to yourself. Quit. Theres always tomorow. Poker isn't going anywhere. You can re approach the game with a fresh mindset when you have cleared your head and feel ok. (This helped me alot)

Good luck out there. Don't give up. Alot of the time people think they suck at poker when in reality it's not how they play a hand or the hands they play for that matter, it's not the strategy or the skill level, but it's actually having the skill to identify the emotional aspects of the game like tilt, variance, study and correctly identifying the problems that are hurting the win rate. Anybody can get good at poker. How good can you get? That's entirely upto you in regards to how passionate you are and how willing you are to succeed in the game. Good luck.

Y

Yoda_Priest_X_Napo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You look like me, you can be suffering from some self-sabotage. Work your mental game,first step is to be positive, remember results do not mean everything, what was happening until today does not mean its gonna be happening tomorrow.Do not be overall attached to them and let them decide your mood or your play

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks like you're in the right field size and buyin level. There are several book on SnG strategy that might give you more success. This is perhaps out dated but one I read that was insightfu:
Sit 'n Go Strategy: Expert Advice for Beating One-Table Poker Tournaments
Collin Moshman

There numerous articles with SnG tips with a quick google search. Good luck with future games with better results.[FONT=Roboto, Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

L

Litosfrank17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

friend pegate to the sit & go of 2.50 an hour and a half approximately lasts the tournament first place 125 I think it is the best tournament to make bankroll, when one is doing badly

zviko

zviko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey man, its all about knowing yourself and following your process of rules. Learning from all those obvious repetitive mistakes.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you can fix your flaws and start consistently winning in a months time - please post and share exacly how you pulled it off. I've been playing 13 years and still haven't figured this game out yet.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Elizeiof ive seen a few of your hand histories which i try to reply to. Youve been playing some 2nl ? If your interested in 6 max cash games and need some help shoot me a pm. Ill spend a few hours with you going over your game and i'm sure i can help you move through 5nl and 10nl if your interested.Free of charge of'course.If your focused on sng's or tournies i wont be able to help as those aren't my games.But feel free to shoot me a pm if you want to talk 6 max cash games i can can help you with a basic strategy for the micros.