If You Were A Losing Player Would You Still Play?

• Thread starter Pauliefromgoodfellas
  • Start date
Pauliefromgoodfellas

Pauliefromgoodfellas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you really have a love for the game, if so would losing money ruin it for you?

The funny thing about this concept is that no one is always a losing player, we all go on good and bad streaks.

Anyway, thoughts?

steadman0

steadman0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are a lot of players that are losing players long term but still play it.

Even when losing poker can still be entertaining for people as long as you don't lose more than you can afford.

For me, winning, losing, either way, I still love the game and will play it.

Awrpze

Awrpze

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm currently a losing player, but have no plans on giving poker up. I'm just trying to grind it out and hopefully improve along the way in order to turn that around. As long as I'm not completely broke, I'm cool.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When you go to a movie, you lose money. When you go to Applebee's you have less money than when you arrived. Poker is the same for me. I do not mind losing a set amount for a session.
If it becomes a problem that I am spending money on poker, that should be going to bills, then yes, I would shut my poker down. No different than cutting out Applebee's, or a movie.

xkenjix

xkenjix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only play with what im comfortable with losing. I dont spend much money on other things so this is one of my hobbies. And if i win money, great

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A large percentage of players are loosing player over time. A smaller % are break even, and an even smaller % are winning players. I also look at poker as entertainment which cost money to do just like everything else in this world. Now if it became a problem where I was loading money on a poker site that I should be using to live and survive/pay bills then that is another story.

Babolbi

Babolbi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If u are losing too much, Its better to you to study the sport before deposit more money :D

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im not losing my money but firstly I won and then I lose all my money on spins ans it was several times..so so angry about this but still playing poker and want to progress..

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did not when I did not make a deposit into poker, Vigrash always lost. I do not rostraevayus because poker is my hobby.

rodrigo1972

rodrigo1972

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker players always lose and always win , if i was a losing player I still keep playing because soon or late I will win

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've seen people that fall into the always losing category... variance can only do so much!

If people can enjoy playing slot machines why not poker.

Luckily, in poker (not slots) there is hope and that is part of the fun and allure... getting better and learning new tactics to outwit and otherwise best your foes.

Good luck to you!

bujjhati

bujjhati

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Relax, there's a lot of people who loses money in long term, but you have to see your goals in poker, if you only want to have fun you have to keep on your mind that it may be an expensive hobby, but if you want to win money you will have to study, improve your game, etc. Good luck

tenaciousdc

tenaciousdc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to play to get better, and as long as you are not losing the rent, there is no reason to quit just because you haven't reached that level. Everything is life can't be profitable. If you desire to be profitable, you have to do the time and study (earn your poker degree). If you just enjoying playing and gambling, keep it reasonable but accept the fact that luck alone won't make you profitable over the long run. Those aspiring to improve their game need those players who don't mind spending/losing their entertainment budget on poker. :)

G

Glebtyzhnyh90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To buy something you must inevitably lose, poker is a game of more than one day, it's a whole art, perseverance and work to help, well, of course, without talent anywhere.

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you really have a love for the game, if so would losing money ruin it for you?

The funny thing about this concept is that no one is always a losing player, we all go on good and bad streaks.

Anyway, thoughts?

I went through a lot of poker and realized for myself that I can not become a successful player who can earn poker for a living. Since the beginning of my poker career, I'm in a plus profit, thanks exclusively to multi-table tournaments. I view poker as an opportunity to play in major tournaments that can change your life, while if the buyin in the genre tournament does not play an important role in the current life, do not take such a chance in my opinion is stupid. Also poker is the only possible way so far, of repeatedly receiving money from nothing in gambling.

Lerts

Lerts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My love for the game is very deep so yes i would still play poker. Dont think one person who knows the game and is a decent player would lose all the time. There will be times when u win. cheers mate

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When you go to a movie, you lose money.

When you go to a movie, buy a ticket and watching this movie you dont lose money - you spent your money! but when you took money, go to the movie and near ticket office youll find you have no money - then you lose it! :)
spending is not losing. in poker the same, someone spend money someone lose it.

S

subsinind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You play poker to enjoy your time. If you are playing to win all the time, you better be a super-man.

A

agentcc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play at stakes that if I were to win or lose I wouldn't care, that way I don't feel the need to try to catch back the losses. I would probably stop playing if I were a losing player because I am way too competitive.

Odysseus101

Odysseus101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do lose and still play. It's a hobby for me. Most of us spend money on hobbies, right?

J

JNogard

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a losing player as well.

I learn faster when putting more on the line so I have a hard time learning unless I actually invest some money into it.

Hopefully I will learn enough to recover my losses in the long run.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Im not losing my money but firstly I won and then I lose all my money on spins ans it was several times..so so angry about this but still playing poker and want to progress..

Stick to playing what you won the money on. If you are losing the money on spins, don't play them. I have done the same thing before cashing in mtt and losing a big chunk of it on the cash tables.

2NaCl

2NaCl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe the majority of players are long term losing players so I guess there's your answer! :)

Doblador bus

Doblador bus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think that you can only be a losing player in poker, patience and taking appropriate sections will lead us to get good and bad results always helped by little luck

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stick to playing what you won the money on. If you are losing the money on spins, don't play them. I have done the same thing before cashing in mtt and losing a big chunk of it on the cash tables.

Ty that is very important..need to control my emotions and not to gamble...