If you lost all your bankroll, would you start again?

H

hellomynameiswhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The real question is how much are you willing to lose per year. As you can see from the comments, poker is for the rich and the poor. Some people are sinking thousands learning the game and others are always building from freerolls. I'm on the low side. You decide for you.

fantata666

fantata666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on the losses if I can try to resume the means

depends also on the hall where we played

C

corieaddison

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes

I would always keep playing since I love the game of poker. I would say YES. Start again. Learn from your bankroll management mishaps and get better.

Good Luck!

JrHz1

JrHz1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankroll

Creo que es un tema delicado y difícil de digerir.. Son momentos duros .. Pero al final el dinero es lo de menos cuando haces algo que amas

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's happening to your remaining bankroll after withdrawal?
I usually play tighter after the cashout, but it doesn't help, bankroll goes to down to zero. Last time cashed out 2K, left $500 and lost it all during 10-11 days, played like hundred of MTTs during this time and few cash tables each day, had a bad luck story all the way.
Same thing happened to me like 20 times at all poker sites i'm playing during past 10 years.
Anyone has the same problem?

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
clear I lost mibankroll several times but then you learn to take care of your bank but you know what limits to play and when to go up

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play poker for about one year. During this time, I lost about 10 times my bankroll. On average, I lose a bankroll once a month. After losing the bankroll, I start everything from the start. I treat such losses philosophically. I believe that this is a tuition fee.

UnTalTales

UnTalTales

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely! I play for fun so ... Anyway, due to my nature it would be difficult to lose all my bankroll again. I have no problems playing only freerolls until recover it if I lose a 10% or so of my bankroll. Losing my first bankroll produced to me brain calluses that prevent me from going beyond that amount.

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dozens of times

I have lost my bankroll many times. I tell myself never again. But then the itch comes back and I reload

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I lost my bankroll many times but you just gotta keep trying to build a sustainable bankroll to play with.

maezma

maezma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most likely, the answer is yes. It depends on how big the sea is and the possibility of responding to play in the limits that I lost.

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you lose your bankroll

Even though I would start again, I think there is some merit in taking some time off of playing poker. Maybe for some losing a bankroll is not a big deal, but I know a few people who get tilted by it. If you just reload without coming off tilt and/or determining why you lost your bankroll, you really just set yourself up for repeated failure. Taking time off can be constructive if you train and analyze your play.

C

CJWilliam

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never lost my bankroll, and don't plan on it. Proper BR management is the key

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I built my bankroll with 0 on freerolls, reaching 40 dollars. And everybody loses .... Now I'm starting to build a bankroll again. Now I hawr 3 d.

O

ozaloa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
(Assuming you have a bankroll)

I think we all do, some people get ambition to get their money bank.that's why they want to play again but some people see it just as "gone money" and plays just from the start again.but i think the more you lose the more you wanna play.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It depends on how you lost your bankroll. Did you play bad to lose it, how much you lost and was it a bad beat?

J

Joshua BNL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Still trying to get my first one going with freerolls. I just have to be patient I guess.

sfan

sfan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Literally my entire poker career has been me losing my bankroll and then trying to start over again from scratch. I've read all the BR management guides, etc. For me, it comes down to me valuing the buyin/reward vs the amount of hours I have to trade in order to profit from said tourny/table. As I've gotten older, I value my time much more than I used to, so it just seems trivial to me to put so much time and effort in for such a little payout. Maybe this means I should just deposit more and go from there (maybe 500?) but at the same time, that troubles me knowing I might lose that much real $$...so alas...here is the big question huh? What to do...what to do...

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Of course I start again! Should I quit? Certainly not! I like to play and do not retire after a few beats ... until the war is over!

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
First of all, you should never lose your bankroll, unless you made a forced cash out.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you lost all your bankroll for the 1st time, of course you can start again, but if this happenes again, looks like poker is not for you or you did something wrong.
You just need to think about that and maybe try to earn money elsewhere.

prozitu

prozitu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes of course, all players have to accept that there are times of losses and victories

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, I've already lost all my bankroll several times and still keep playing, I lost because I played beyond the right limit.

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hellllllllll NO! Best way to build a poker bankroll, is get a real job, and save up!

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management