If you lost all your bankroll, would you start again?

C

cheeeer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like.. you have options..

Last edited:
8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With bankroll management, the loss of a bankroll is very problematic. I never succeeded :)
+1 that's how bankroll management works.
If you really do it well, you can even maximize $/hr with BRM type technique

SocialBombast

SocialBombast

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't just pour more money into my bankroll. I'd have to switch over to freeroll tourneys as punishment for myself for what was obviously bad mgmt in the first place. I'm currently doing it right now. I blew my meager bankroll a few weeks ago.:frown:

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Well, I guess, it happened to every new player already. But the most important is to learn about this, start improving your poker skills and use some proper bankroll management. Then you still can take some shots from time to time, but you always know, that you won't go broke.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have deposited again a hundred times, but if I win something bigger, withdraw 95% winnings. Contrary to appearances, I'm in the poker 15k $ plus. I can not lose my money because I spent all of them on holiday trips and arranging my apartment.

AlexDriver

AlexDriver

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've already lost my bankroll a few times, just because it's $10-$20. Starting from zero as usual, freerolls forever =))

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A decade ago, when I was making a lot of money online, I would cashout weekly. I would keep a limited amount in my bankroll and keep a healthy bank account. I only busted my bankroll a few times, but always deposited again. If you are busting your bankroll without withdrawing, you might want to consider lower stakes. But if you are playing for fun and the money is not an issue, keep playing.

D

DjDen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I have just such a situation ... ((I lost a bankroll, but I try to start again, I plan to make a deposit and play small tournaments, a very good tournament for poker stars for $ 3.5 + P for 180 people, ITM 27 places, but if you get there you can quite well replenish a bankroll, due to the fact that a tournament with rebuys and even for 27 places you get at least x4 buyin)

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This happened with me last year.
I lost 200$ of my 888 account. I stopped playing poker for 6 months after that.

D

digosousap

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes bro, I will start over... never give up

perrinperrua99

perrinperrua99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It has happened to me a few times, but not playing poker, but playing at bet365 in sports betting, and the best I could do is give me a break time (one month) to rethink my game and not fall into the vice of putting more money to recover what was lost.

thaysen13

thaysen13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just played no poker for over 6 months just take a break

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lose my bankroll every week, my BRM is terrible ;)

cris1964

cris1964

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I was properly bankrolled and I lost my bankroll, I would quit playing that site because either they are dirty or I am not good enough to play there.

I agree with You :)

Aeks328

Aeks328

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Я потерял много раз, но не большой. Я бы не играл, если бы я потерял большую

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, i can't say that i have a big bankroll, nothing that if i lose, will make me broke. Maybe i would give some time to think what went wrong, but i would return again.

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
manager bankroll

Ja perdi inumeras vezes meu bankroll o que fiz foi procurar aprender com meus erros

espero não fazer mais depositos agora só saques

Melhorei muito o jogo e é isso que me importa jogar cada vez melhor

Mas se perder devemos tomar lições para aproveitar nossa banca

:jd4:mateuspoker

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
manager bankroll

Already I lost countless times my bankroll but we need to be patient and learn from mistakes

I hope from now on only make withdrawals

Best Ever more my game

:jd4:mateuspoker

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
(Assuming you have a bankroll)

Please remember, I would guess that 90% or more of CardsChat members are recreational players, (myself included)- this means that even though I have a poker bankroll, I have a small income from somewhere else which pays my rent and my food.

When you ask the "bankroll" question here, it is not the same as asking players who literally make their daily living from a poker bankroll. That is why you have received so many answers that say , "of course" I have done this many times. It is ust not the same thing as going "busto" and not having money to pay rent. If you are a recreational player, yes go for it. There is no reason to worry about bankroll. You have a job, or some source of income, you just reload your poker account and have fun. I practice bankroll management because I cannot reload. My budget from my small disability payment does not give me any extras. So I was cautious and I took a long time to build a decent bankroll. If for some reason I just 'tilted" and went crazy and busted out all my accounts. ?? Yes, I would quit, because to do this , would mean that I had become a degenerate gambler.

B

BesseNuts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think so. Well, I would just wait a while for me to cooldown my head, a week maybe. But for sure, love poker.

X

xx02pl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would start again, because my bankroll isnt too big

H

hookmeout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never thought about bankroll. Time to think about it. Thanks

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
100% I'm not sure if it'd be right away but poker is a lifelong passion. You can't master it but you can grow with it.

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always do it, time after time after time. I don't like depositing my own money in poker rooms, so I usually start from freerolls and other promos. If, for example, I have hard times and I withdraw all my bankroll or simply lose it, then yes, I need to start again from zero. Trying to start again from zero is my common life, nothing special. I've done it many times.
I don't think that one day I could go cold turkey and quit poker for good. Poker is my passion.

S

smk77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I am trying my best to keep a decent bankroll this time and not get impatient, but I would likely reload if I lost it all.

It would depend how well I am playing at that time mostly I think.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management