If you could change one thing about Holdem what would it be?

W

witfighter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to know what you would change about the game if you could. Any rule, anything. focus on one thing but feel free to include multiple.

I would change the single most frustrating aspect of this game. The one thing that has made me contemplate quitting all together.

- You MUST have TWO of that suit in your hand for it to be a Flush. (Maybe make it to where the only way to have the flush with one of that suit in your hand is if the whole board is that suit already)
I guess they would have to do something similar with straights but i would do anything to change the stupid one card flushes. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :) lol

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What I would change.

Good night, I played poker for 8 months, I play every day, I played in some poker rooms, but I did not find tournaments with blind rises of 30 minutes or more. I have a preference for tournaments with a more deorated structure.
What I would change in online poker is the option of having blind tournaments in 30 minutes or more.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd let KQA23 be a straight because I seem to get that combination more than you'd think.

W

witfighter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pocket 2's should be an instant win :)

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They offer modified Holdem games such as short deck Holdem. Otherwise there is nothing to change as the game has evolved to be what it is with its current rules.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would change the deck to 17 consecutive cards per suit. Hopefully this would accomplish fewer suck outs at least on hitting the kicker in a domination situation. Might have to devalue the flush one rank. I guess you could call it longer deck hold em.

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would want the game to speed up both online and live,I think players are giving to much time to act.Players online act like their on T.V time wasting is out of control.At poker stars school they teach the players to act slow. Also no devices of any kind should be allowed poker is meant for people not machines:sleep:

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to know what you would change about the game if you could. Any rule, anything. focus on one thing but feel free to include multiple.

I would change the single most frustrating aspect of this game. The one thing that has made me contemplate quitting all together.

- You MUST have TWO of that suit in your hand for it to be a Flush. (Maybe make it to where the only way to have the flush with one of that suit in your hand is if the whole board is that suit already)
I guess they would have to do something similar with straights but i would do anything to change the stupid one card flushes. AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :) lol

Table Changes,

We are bound by Luck and the skills we have to best utilize that Luck... when entering down swing then coming back out all of a sudden as you're about to win back your chips either the opponent get swapped out or you get forced off table to table change....

If i could change one thing it would be... "its your chance, its also your decision which table to sit at" . "you paid to sit you choose where to sit" .

having some random decision made over where I'm placed and when I'm moved is one of the main frustrations every one faces but you should be able to choose a table placing preference... if "a" and "b" is un-available then "c" if not then right up to "z" if none are selected then random table selected for you on your behalf... a tick box indicating your willingness to change table would be something i'd love to see available... so when id prefer to stay on table i can and some one else can leave... some times you find some seats getting great hands and some seats not...for hours...

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There must be one change: to cancel the distribution of cards or even cards in poker, all poker hands must appear in your head, in your thoughts. And everything should happen in a dream.)))
But if you are serious, you need to increase the initial stack and the duration of the blinds.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
No need to change anything. In my opinion, the rules are close to the ideal. In addition, I am convinced that if you make any changes, then poker will become less dynamic and balanced.

O

OzzyRose22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All in

:mad::mad::mad:I would kick out players who spoil the game using "All in" more than 2 times in a row

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
There is one single change that I think is necessary. I believe it is necessary to impose a fine on players who offend each other.
Good luck.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Maybe the chopped pots , we all know that the five best cards win in NLHE but I find it kinda "unfair'' to chop a pot if you have a better kicker in high card situations.

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I guess my two changes would be shorter tourneys, especially lower stakes, playing 6 hours to win $10 seems a bit much. The other change would be changing tables online, obviously limited times.

P

Percivalpl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say flush lower than straight, I think straight requires more thinking/strategy but flush for me is pure luck, and they have this rule in 6+ holdem if I remember correctly

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would get ride of of the kicker when both players have the same two pair.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Table Changes,

We are bound by Luck and the skills we have to best utilize that Luck... when entering down swing then coming back out all of a sudden as you're about to win back your chips either the opponent get swapped out or you get forced off table to table change....

If i could change one thing it would be... "its your chance, its also your decision which table to sit at" . "you paid to sit you choose where to sit" .

having some random decision made over where I'm placed and when I'm moved is one of the main frustrations every one faces but you should be able to choose a table placing preference... if "a" and "b" is un-available then "c" if not then right up to "z" if none are selected then random table selected for you on your behalf... a tick box indicating your willingness to change table would be something i'd love to see available... so when id prefer to stay on table i can and some one else can leave... some times you find some seats getting great hands and some seats not...for hours...
Chose which table you want to go to? When do you do this at table break? How long do you have to make a choice? what if there are 3 people choosing one spot, who gets preference? In a multi table tourney where you can have 2 or more tables breaking at once how much time do you think this would add to the tourney? Do all hands at other tables stop until you are moved? Random is a much more fair and faster way.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Draw for new seats every couple of hours. Gives everyone a fair chance to improve their position. Hate a table that stays static for hours. Especially, if I have better players behind me.

W

west28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the best thing to have in the game would be having a wildcard the 2 of diamonds been the Joker,playing or using it like anything you want once is in your hand. maybe I think like this for all the duces I get bad beats with whishing it was like an ACE when I have it on my hand it would be Awesome seeing the 2 now huh instead you would be like damn I got the joker that would be exciting

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you wanna change a rule or create a new kind of poker?

EllyWriter

EllyWriter

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would change Nothing. It is a perfect game as is.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If we are talking about tournaments, I would increase the break to 10 minutes !!! in the game itself, I would not change anything !!!

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I would ogranichel time in the tournament to three hours- is financial savings, players are less tired and this time taken to carry out the new tournaments

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules