If you are a serious poker player or professional, what are your daily goals?

K

Kalipro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My daily goals have been playing and study. Starting from nothing so I do not have a monetary goal yet.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fall into the recreational/serious category.

My goals for a day are to play my best and to play a schedule of tournaments or a certain time at cash games. As long as I'm feeling good and playing well I will play that amount. If I start to feel tired or tilt creeping up I cut the session short and/or unregister tournaments.

I don't set $ goals but have steadily built up a good micro BR from $0. It probably would have been easier to deposit but I like a challenge and probably learned a little along the way.

Don't look at your bankroll or Graphs daily. They will swing sometimes. Try to at least do weekly if not monthly to avoid trying to chase losses.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play poker because I love this game.
In addition, sometimes I manage to win some money and this is always nice.
I believe that the goals in poker are very important in the same way as goals in life. Planning allows me to define priority directions of development. One of my goals is to get into the final table of the Sunday Storm Tournament.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
daily goal, i think win a little bot every day, but, for now, its imposible, i dont have a good bankroll

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
#1 goal is to play perfect poker.... this is why studying and hand reviews are so important....

Now with that said, you have to understand what perfect poker actually is.... perfect poker is about making the right plays at the right time against the right presieved range.... it's not about winning and losing.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just make the best decisions I can and hopefully lady luck blesses me. If you set goals you will get disappointed and tilt. Down Swings really put extreme stress on someone and destroy goals. Just play good poker and everything should work out.

FernA9ndo

FernA9ndo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can focus playing heads up, being creative people and make decisions based on using strategy.

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right now is building a BR from freerolls only and studying pot odds and hand percentages to become a better player overall.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I actually have three goals for each day.
I play only in freerolls, so my first goal in a day is to go to the prize pool in every tournament. My second goal in a day is to be patient enough. And the third goal of the day is to find enough time to learn the game.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In poker, there is only one goal - to play plus at a distance. And the plus should be significant.
Based on the main goal, secondary goals seem to grow by limits, as well as learn, learn and learn. And I will ever get mine, preferably in the near future. I would like to earn poker for household expenses.

X

xx02pl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I be a poker pro I wouldnt have daily goals. My goals will be monthly for example 5000$ for a month.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play poker for about one year. I am a beginner and I have little experience. But I have a goal. My goal is to stop losing money and in my opinion it will already be a great result for me.