If I know I don't have to ... Why do I do it?

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I know I don't have to ... Why do I do it?

It often happens to me that I know that I am in a bad position, and that with those cards I cannot go far. However I insist, and I enter, and I bet. And of course, I lose. I know I shouldn't do it, and yet I do it. I know that makes me a very bad poker player. The weird thing is, I know what I have to do, but I don't. I think it's my lack of patience and my anxiety. Or just boredom. Or maybe I don't take this poker seriously and I don't care. Should I stop playing?

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The main thing is that you know your mistakes, they can be solved and improved, it is essential to be patient and not get bored, even if you see several players with many chips or money that does not influence to want to be quickly in that situation, I would give myself some time To study more and see other players how they play, you can see that in their sessions they can spend a few hours with bad cards and remain focused and in the end they achieve objectives:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It all depends on what poker means to you. For me personally, poker is fun, but still, I always try to be patient to get good results. I think for a start you can try to play only in freerolls, and this will allow you to stop spending your own money.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a factor that prevents me from being more profitable, I set goals and study about the game, but I end up going out of my strategies and playing outside the ideal, I know that if I managed to avoid these mistakes I would be able to win much more, so I dedicate myself more to correct this flaw.

I believe that I make these mistakes due to tilt, or because I am multitasking, so it is important to control yourself, take a break at some times, and not mix the game with other activities, however due to our short time, and the inability to dedicate ourselves fully to the game, we ended up falling into this error at some point.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is a common issue for people who are not pros. You simply have to accumulate experience large enough to be absolutely sure and confident that you MUST fold there. You are unsure at the moment, you need more experience. With time, you will be able to do proper decisions/proper folds without hesitation.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
For me, poker is a hobby, and I actually play for fun. But I always wait for good cards and never play with garbage. And although I play poker for fun, I always try to analyze my game and improve my skills. I think you should think about your goals and draw conclusions for yourself.