I want to make "NEW" POKER GAME.. Intellectual property,..?

B

blackspoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello People. I would like to know some things about intellectual property of game of poker.. Is the game of poker(for example No limit texas holdem) protected by some trademark(or is it public property)? If I want to create some game that is allmost close to poker game but has some differences- can I protect it as a trademark(intellectual propery). And if yes, where can I do that? So, If yes,.. does that means that every poker room that is going to have »my poker game« will have to pay me money? I have done some reseraches but do not know for sure(it is very blur line). I do not want to go in details of the game I am thinking, but hopefully I gave you enough information to help me with answer. I Will appriciate all the help I can get from you people. Thank you.

B

blackspoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If somebody knows just one answer of all my questions, please write it. Thank you.

detroitjunkie

detroitjunkie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As far as I know you can not unless you make a table game and can license the design of the table.

A

armher

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello People. I would like to know some things about intellectual property of game of poker.. Is the game of poker(for example No limit texas holdem) protected by some trademark(or is it public property)? If I want to create some game that is allmost close to poker game but has some differences- can I protect it as a trademark(intellectual propery). And if yes, where can I do that? So, If yes,.. does that means that every poker room that is going to have »my poker game« will have to pay me money? I have done some reseraches but do not know for sure(it is very blur line). I do not want to go in details of the game I am thinking, but hopefully I gave you enough information to help me with answer. I Will appriciate all the help I can get from you people. Thank you.

you should decide for you what you want: international or national copyright, only after this you can find the agency where you can register your intellectual property.
One simple advice from me: write your idea to the letter /detailed/ and send it to you by official air mail and don't open it.

B

blackspoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
you should decide for you what you want: international or national copyright, only after this you can find the agency where you can register your intellectual property.
One simple advice from me: write your idea to the letter /detailed/ and send it to you by official air mail and don't open it.

Thank you armher for comment. Really appriciate all the help i can get.

A

A7472909p

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is older than You ) so hardly You have chance to make money on it. Only to win in game) the best strategy is no strategy at all ...:)

B

blackspoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is older than You ) so hardly You have chance to make money on it. Only to win in game) the best strategy is no strategy at all ...:)
Thank you A7472909p for reply. Yes, i know poker has been played for alot of years. But If i make it "better" I think I can protect "my game" - inovation.

A

A7472909p

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is perfect, no need to changes. It is magic! You wanna change it?) be carefull with this;)

Top 10 Games Poker Tells