I used to like watching YouTube poker vloggers

RiverRick

RiverRick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watching online poker is like watching paint dry. No entertainment value whatsoever. Cool if you can make money but it's boring as hell to watch.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Are you conflating vloggers and streamers?

Watching streams can be dull if a streamer is running poorly.

Vlogging is something entirely different where the hands are often just a section of the episode and those selected are highlights of play. A player such as Andrew Neeme produces professional level vlogs which are not only cinematic but can often incorporate a wider perspective of poker culture (particularly Las Vegas) than you will find anywhere else.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Watching online poker is like watching paint dry. No entertainment value whatsoever. Cool if you can make money but it's boring as hell to watch.
I don't agree. next time you watch see if you can learn something. learning is fun :)

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is very useful, especially if you can learn something new about poker by watching other people play. Plus, learning from other people's mistakes is much better and cheaper in poker.:)

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yeah, highlights on Youtube vs watching stream is a lot better (although less fun). There are a very few exceptions though

RiverRick

RiverRick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are you conflating vloggers and streamers?

Watching streams can be dull if a streamer is running poorly.

Vlogging is something entirely different where the hands are often just a section of the episode and those selected are highlights of play. A player such as Andrew Neeme produces professional level vlogs which are not only cinematic but can often incorporate a wider perspective of poker culture (particularly Las Vegas) than you will find anywhere else.

I miss watching live play

N

nwhitney118

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Streamers can be entertaining imo, if they interact with chat and have some good music, talk about the hands etc then I always like hanging out on the stream. Some are defo boring though.

Shakes

Shakes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really depends on who the streamer is though. I really like what Jeff Platt is doing late at night for the wsop.com events. There is also a streamer called lowiji who is doing from beginning to show 4 tables until Platt as of now. As for streamers who play, it is fascinating seeing them delve into the hands they play and dont play as well as there mindset in a particular hand if its a difficult decision. Really is fun watching and learning there methods to playing tournaments.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I miss watching live play

Actually I do too. I used to love waiting for a European Poker Tour event to arrive (Monaco, Barcelona etc.) and then watch it from start to finish over two weeks. Likewise the WSOP.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, it is not boring as hell. I have learned a thing or two from those streams. First of all - poker pros make mistakes too.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it works for me a lot to see how they play and learn from that, on twitch I see a lot of matt staples, and I look for videos on youtube where they explain hands etc. Also when they have cash sessions I usually watch to learn.:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to watch events where serious players are involved. It is not only entertaining but you see some great moves which can help you to improve your game.

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to love the late night tables sponsored by stars and tilt that were on tv. I like watching the WSOP when it's on too. Not into watching online poker streamers unless its Daniel Negreanu.

S

slais_pro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is useful to watch others play, you watch, analyze, study, think and how would I play here!

UM3SH

UM3SH

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very entertaining and learning for me to watch poker matches in YouTube or in stream.

It helps me to improve my game.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i like to watch the final tables

Same, I like watching the final tables with the hole cards showing. As a mostly cash game player it helps me understand how today's top tourneys players approach the game.

O

olesyafarion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi! I like to watch online game professionals. I make some conclusions for myself, learn something useful. Especially interesting when the game is expensive. I'm bored watching live poker. Maybe because I've never played live poker.

T

tladake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just start to watch everything about the poker, trying to learn it for serious. Long time me play just for fun, but have better and better results. Hopefuly vlogs will help me do boost my skills and play with better players. thanks for this subject.

Blackchipp

Blackchipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LEARN LEARN LEARN PRATICE PRATICE PRATICE LETS GO!