I think I'm a bipolar poker player ...

Z

zc13expert

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that is the exact definition for someone who knows the rules of banking management, who knows that the holy Grail of Poker is the correct handling of banking and it is repeated daily today I will do it, I have 300 dollars I will only play tournaments and sits of $ 3 and out of nowhere 4 tables of 15, in the next I recover and so on until I have nothing in the ATM, after the disaster the usual question, why did I do it?

C

crazycitizen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe it because of 'conscious dissonance'.

If you are having a losing session @ $3 SNGs, then by increasing variance and playing $15 SNGs you can turn things around quicker. However you can also wipe out your bankroll VERY fast.

You 'know' you should actually play lower buy-ins if your bankroll goes down.
But you also 'know' you want to win back your losses.

Don't blame your past-self. It happens to almost everyone.
Just remember that in the future: if you are having a losing session STOP playing. Tilt will creep in without you even noticing.
After some time, when you feel refreshed, play a few smaller SNGs (1% of your new bankroll) and play your best.

Like I said, it happens to everyone. Just try your best to not let it happen in the future. Even the best poker player in the world can't win every session.

Hope that helps!

I

I LOVE BENE

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like you could have a gambling problem. Try talking to your doctor and seeing what he/she says.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, you will do everything right. Well done. Build up your bankroll

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The Holy Grail of poker is a discipline. If you are a disciplined player, you will always be patient and will always follow the bankroll management. If you do not have discipline, you have nothing.

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every poker player is a bipolar in my opinion : when you are winning you play your A game ,you have confidence and you are in control. Couple bad beats later, you are totally a different person: you are angry ,out of control and you throw your A game out of the window, usually you end up crashing but tomorrow is another day :)