Originally Posted by kingme620
I recently got accepted to get staked for HU SNGs at a 30% profit per week deal with no losses carrying over from week to week. I play $30 games at around a 10% ROI. The guy who would coach me plays $100's with a 4.5% ROI.
I have questions:
1. Is this a good deal for me? I'm mostly doing this to improve. Since I have 1-2 hours of live coaching and can IM/email questions whenever needed is this cheaper/more expensive than actual coaching?
2. Is it bad etiquette to withdraw down to a 30 BI level or should I keep everything in my account?
3. I have yet to see the actual contract but what can I expect? What should I try to negotiate? What is the usual length of a contract?
4. Any other things I should know?
I know some of that is going to be answered when I see the contract but I just don't wanna ask stupid questions
I often accepts stakes for games i want to play above BR but i never play for less that 50% of prize. Ther are special site out there that can put you intouch with a wide variaety of backers (pm me for names)
1. Do you think its a good deal? 30% sounds poor for someone with your roi, over what number of games is your sample?
2. If you chose to play exclusivly with a backers money I'd withdraw all my own BR so i coiuld show records
3. Always negotiate a better cut if you feel the game is + your EV. Contracts will last a certain time period or a specific number of games you need to negotiate what your comfortable with
4. Ensure you disscuss 'Cake' (stake back) and what if any % he will; hold in your name