Hyper-turbo tournaments

F

felipeanicio

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you behave in these types of tournaments, an A in the hand is already involved in all in ?? Sometimes I do not think there's a sense or pattern on the tables.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mostly, I do not usually take part in such competitions. I prefer the slower races (normal, deep stack), but such tournaments are also very useful, good practice for the late phase, and yes Ax cards are very strong in these situations. :)

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck

I don't care for hyper turbos. It seems like all people do is go all in. It seem like a game of pure chance. Good luck !

S

Spripe

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love the hyper turbos, yes a lot of the time you go all in a lot because the blinds go up so fast you are never really deep stacked. Just knowing when to shove and steal blinds, or to play out a hand. I won't a 1400 runner $7.50 hyper today and I had to win some flips but I do wel in hypers from studying the game

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not like hyperturbo tournaments, who wins more luck

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I do not like this type of tournament.
In such tournaments you need to really be lucky.
I have never won significant prizes in such tournaments.
Good luck.

Limited_Al

Limited_Al

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ll still start off relatively tight, then loosen my play is required. With hyper turbo tournaments, you do need to get it all in at the right time, so top pair and two pair go up in value. You need to be careful that you know what your opponents to your left are going to do. If you have someone who will just shove with ace high, then you need to be sure that you can follow them in.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like such tournaments in them I do not focus on the game, I prefer to play in normal tournaments!

I

ivanobe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very tricky tournament because it is summarize at least at the beginning by push or fold situations , I generally wait for the good spot with very good hand and shove or trap if the table is a bit frenzy ,but even like this when 2 or tree people call you you need to prey :)) even with aces

after later in the tournament I open my range but not so much because and try to concentrate on the short stack

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are very comfortable with your short stack game and don't mind massive swings these can be a lot of fun.

If you don't win your flips you won't have to worry about playing very long either. :D

Best of luck!

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have tried those games they shove easily ,time is against you so sooner or later you have to risk with or not good cards :/

PuMa8818

PuMa8818

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In these tournaments more coins, more betbits and more negative emotions) You will not show your skill, but you'll check your luck))

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I did not take part in such tournaments. I think that you need to act yourself. Only to make decisions very often with аllin.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These typically become an icm test very quickly. If you want to play these you probably want to study the format with sng wiz or icmizer or some other icm tool. If you get a bunch of hands on the villans you can really fine tune your decision making based on their ranges.

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There are some Pro's who make a living playing these. It all depends on your style, and you preference. I was given a set-of-starting hands requirements, for hypers, and it makes interesting reading. I will put the top row of it on here, and you must remember, that these hands have been tested, and the person in question makes a profit, by continually playing these, of course, if you veer from it, your results will be different.

e9450fceae378ede3f851956bc10dd3d.png

Take time and look through it, bearing in mind, the list above is only when you have the equivalent of 1BB and what position you are in.

PuMa8818

PuMa8818

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are some Pro's who make a living playing these. It all depends on your style, and you preference. I was given a set-of-starting hands requirements, for hypers, and it makes interesting reading. I will put the top row of it on here, and you must remember, that these hands have been tested, and the person in question makes a profit, by continually playing these, of course, if you veer from it, your results will be different.

e9450fceae378ede3f851956bc10dd3d.png

Take time and look through it, bearing in mind, the list above is only when you have the equivalent of 1BB and what position you are in.

thanks that table, it is necessary to check at leisure)
it's limping hands or ...

N

NickNation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would avoid hyper turbos until i fully understood my ranges and was able to snap push/fold without thinking, and without making an ICM error.

download snapshove and screw around with their free training. ten questions at a time but hey, its free.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Main goal is to take care of maintaining the stack and as efficiently as possible to take advantage of late position. Next the strategy chosen, focusing on the size of the stack. The final table of a turbo tournament is completely different from the classical MTT, which offers online poker. Pressure blind reaches its climax, the participants with large pile of "push" features, so it is advisable to return to the tight tactics and try to narrow down the range of hands. With a short stack it is important to keep track of time, make quick decisions on the blind.But if you come to a large neverage to someone, and time can be hauled to provoke the player to solve the short-stack at the oll-in.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hyper turbos are great when you're short on time. Like in any other tournaments, the blinds start out small so when the blinds are small, I try to get into flops and take down the pot to get a chip lead. As the tournament progresses and the blinds go up, I hope I have the chip lead to somewhat control the pre flop action.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that this type of games is more luck than skill, of course you have to know about ranges of hands, but in the end you depend more on luck.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How do you behave in these types of tournaments, an A in the hand is already involved in all in ?? Sometimes I do not think there's a sense or pattern on the tables.

For those types of tournaments, its all about luck simply because everyone is shoving on mediocre cards.

I recommend trying to shove on face cards and aces.

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like a hyper-turbo tournament when I just want to play a quick game. Yes, there's a lot of all-ins and it does seem to resemble a bingo game at times but I think you could still gain an advantage by playing some good solid poker. It's not always possible to participate in a 6 hour marathon.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing in these kinds of tournaments can be difficult but with this one's you definitely need to have luck as you may even play hands you normally don't. But pressure is on and have to play hands you don't normally.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With the shallow stack depth the hypers can be great practice for end game in standard format games.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
This type of tournament is a bit difficult, the time between the blinds forces you to make quick decisions, you need a lot of concentration to play them and many luck lol