How Strong of a Poker Player Are You?

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have viewed myself as a pretty descent poker player for years:0) As card players our frustration can sometimes get the best of us and which in my case it has made me play a little over excessively:0) leaving my bankroll to nothing at times. Since cards chat I have stated some of my issues and read a lot of others in return and even though it hasn't been long my game has gotten so much better:0) So with that I would like to say thank you to everyone for there struggles and triumphs it has improved my game greatly:0) so how about yours?

5pAce_C0wb0y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best poker advice I ever recieved went something like this:

You are shit at playing poker. However the good news is so is everyone else, so all you need to do is be less shit than everyone else.

Sounds crazy right but that one piece of advice really helped me improve my game. It reminds me everyday to work on my game to try be less shit than everyone else and reminds me i'm still shit.

K

krezip

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My game used to pretty ok a long time ago, but the more I played the more I feel back to bad habits. I always had (and have) a hard time staying alert and end up "going through the motions". That eventually leads to suboptimal results.

Especially when multi-tabling I found my level drop and it just got frustrating. It's hard work!

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My game used to pretty ok a long time ago, but the more I played the more I feel back to bad habits. I always had (and have) a hard time staying alert and end up "going through the motions". That eventually leads to suboptimal results.

Especially when multi-tabling I found my level drop and it just got frustrating. It's hard work!
you should try playing one table for a while and when you get frustrated maybe take an hour break could help I know it did for me:0) but good luck out there keep grinding:0)

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am confident with my game, I just need to be more aggressive in the later stages

K

krezip

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should try playing one table for a while and when you get frustrated maybe take an hour break could help I know it did for me:0) but good luck out there keep grinding:0)
thanks - I just recently restarted and it turned out I've turned into a fish :eek:

guess I gotta up my game!

W

whosdaboss25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to say since I started read fourms and watching streams of pros and stuff my game has vastly improved. I have started building Nice bankrolls on a couple sties and a few freerolls on other and start to build small ones on a few others so yes my game has improve nicely. I leaned how to play PLO and PLO8 way better than I have before and I have became an absolute NIT at hold'em on playing position and +EV plays now so yes the game really is clicking for me now I don't sweat the bad beats anymore knowing that I can and will eventually target that player for later profits when he slips up on a later hand. I make deep Tourney runs more often now and cash in them way more frequn then ever before it's funny how when you find like minded people to learn from how everything falls into place.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm always adjusting and trying to improve. Some weeks are better then others, but I finally have gotten to the point where when I lose I can pin point where in the hand I lose. The actions I took that cause me to lose, and the improvements needed to be made for it not to happen again. This alone has helped with tilt figuring I can figure out where I went wrong, along with accepting when I played the hand right, and just fell into a cooler....

This is a consept that I believe to be the most important step to overcoming the frustrations of beats.

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mindset is the biggest issue for me.since ive been at CardsChat ive managed to increase my rate of staying serious by maybe 25/50 percent which has also been a huge confidence booster.also learnt a couple of new tricks here in the forum and comments from members such as ,"ive watched you play and ive changed my mind,you have no interest in learning how to play this game,you are one of the worst"hehe justs proves that my image projection has worked 100% leaving people like poker orrifice thinking of me as an easy player to beat and a complete donk haha ive got no qualms about throwing away an elevenyfive cent win if it helps project that image in the long run...see you at the nxt final table.PS sorry if i got the wrong player but im fairly sure i remembered rightly,hehe gl all.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at times i feel like i make all the correct calls and folds, other times im the biggest donk ever.

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What you need now is a lot of freerolls and poker school tuition. After studying and confidence in the game, we can talk about a professional poker game.
Good luck at the tables, dear friend.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When I started taking poker seriously and started playing online I was completely optimistic and enthusiastic. I think I was an average player at first using bankroll management and reading any and everything I could get a hold of which I used to build a bankroll at various sites. Since April 15, 2011 I've been the total opposite. In the U.S. it's been a discouraging reality for online play. I've been screwed out of a $300 cashout from a site that doesn't exist anymore (Lock Poker) as well as a few 'e-wallets' that were seized/shut down w/$ on them, somewhere in the neighborhood of $120 or so. I now play mostly at intertops since that's where most of my $ is but I do enjoy playing at other sites that I'm allowed to play at. I play mostly freerolls at these other sites but that seems to be mostly for fun. I love this game. I like playing w/my wife and a friend or two but live games around me are becoming scarce and hard to find so I'm almost exclusively limited to online games. I believe my skill has enhanced and been tested by some great online players, but making a substantial deposit ($100 or more) is off the table, for now. Maybe I just need to move to canada, lol. :p

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, sometimes my game goes very well in a tournament or in a cash game, but there are such days in the game that I just can't win and there are some losses, but I try to choose and play more at tournaments to get into the prize money and get results!

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I have been playing poker for only one year, and now it is my favorite hobby. Usually, my spending on the game was about 20-30 dollars a month. But now I try to play only in freerolls and thus accumulate experience. In addition, thanks to freerolls, I managed to even increase my bankroll.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i pass for a bad time, but, always change (for better or worst)

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Right now my game is in the same level, as it was a few years before. I just feel, that it,s harder to win right now in online poker, because people become to play poker better.

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I'm still not happy with my game. Sometimes I have a desire to quit playing. Just the game takes a lot of time)

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I`m still learning so many things around here, i think that i have all fundamentals covered right know, now comes the hardest thing that is "master the game", i hope with a lot of study i can get there.

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I changed the style of the game before I played passively and now I began to play aggressively.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Especially today:

I feel like, I've never played worse poker.

:confused:

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My game level is now at the level of the seabed, but I will surely come up))

cleder7

cleder7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am currently thinking poker is a game of chance. I'm on a wave where I need persistence not to drop everything. But I think I'm doing everything right and I'm going to continue in the same line of play.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The more you play, the more improved your Spiel.Du gather experience and learn from mistakes

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some words he dont Translate so good ..Spiel:D means in German: Game