How you react to players who like to insult during the game?

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]1- doesn't answer[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]2- react aggressive just like him[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]3- mock her aggressiveness[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]4- or would do something else.[/COLOR]​

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's silly to read insults, and then come to a forum to complain.
Why don't you block his chat?
why do you read the insults?:confused:

Once I beat another player with J9s, he had AA, and he started insulting me, it was in a tournament for everyone in CC, he told me donk fish, mother F ... but it seemed funny to me, that a fish that he cleans AA in a freeroll, he loses and tells me that I am the fish or donk.:D

On another occasion, a player insulted me for a long, he told me idiot, fish, he does not know how to play, but that does not bother me at all, especially because who was it that was telling me.
in that tournament I finished in third place, and he saw it.;)

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that insults on the Internet are childish. I don't react, I don't care.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I give them a smile when they don't play well :)

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone.
I particularly always have the chat closed when I am playing. If I can't close the chat in the room, I simply ignore any comments. I would only open the chat if I play with friends.
Greetings.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel sorry for people who are influenced by a complete strangers opinion across the internet,,,, its sad. :cool:

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online no reaction or mocking the bully, and live i just have fun with them until they go crazy

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do whatever I can to get them as angry as possible. You can't make reasonable decisions when you are angry, therefore it would be most profitable to be playing against angry players.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many times the people who insult are for you to bully in front of their game, but it is advisable to disable the chat and concentrate on giving your best game to beat them.
most of the people who insult are recreational who are about to hang out, so you have to take advantage of taking all the money out ..

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just ignore it, it can be a strategy of the player to want to disturb you or just be a idiot.

koisug

koisug

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a very negative attitude to this, I want to find these scum and dip my head in the toilet. It's disgusting, some young pimply hippie sitting in greasy underpants and writing nasty things. I would very much like to see such ghouls directly in the ban list made and deprived of their ability to sit down at the table.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate.The best thing you can do in those situations is just ignore them and concentrate in your game.

T1ltmonkey

T1ltmonkey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just ignoring them is usually the best policy.

I used to get really tilted and try to insult them back, which only resulted in my playing worse and losing more. Just keeping your calm is way better. Now I either ignore/block them to keep my focus on the game, or make some jokes about it in chat if I am in that kind if mood. That sometimes make them even angrier... [emoji14]

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how you react to players who like to insult during the game.

Whenever I’m insulted at the table, I remind myself that it is automatically a mistake by the person making a comment—because they are giving away a lot of free information. The most common insult I face is about how aggressive I am, such as “push bot donkey” or “hot Jenny you got any other moves??” Etc.

The thing is that these comments automatically indicate to me that the person doesn’t fundamentally understand tournament play and is extremely likely to be playing way too tightly. Whenever someone is critical of your play, unless it is someone that you respect a lot, focus on what their criticism says about how they play.

This info can be extremely profitable—such as when I get berated for making an any-two pot odds call, I make a note on that player that they will make pot odds mistakes, and as a result can shove wider on them with a short stack than I would versus an unknown opponent.

And it is easier not to get riled up from nasty comments when you take them for the statements of ignorance/free information that they actually are. When you use their insult to make more money from them, then you get the last laugh :)

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4 - or would do something else. I try not to respond to the insult. In extreme cases, there is always the option to turn off chat.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whenever I’m insulted at the table, I remind myself that it is automatically a mistake by the person making a comment—because they are giving away a lot of free information. The most common insult I face is about how aggressive I am, such as “push bot donkey” or “hot Jenny you got any other moves??” Etc.

The thing is that these comments automatically indicate to me that the person doesn’t fundamentally understand tournament play and is extremely likely to be playing way too tightly. Whenever someone is critical of your play, unless it is someone that you respect a lot, focus on what their criticism says about how they play.

This info can be extremely profitable—such as when I get berated for making an any-two pot odds call, I make a note on that player that they will make pot odds mistakes, and as a result can shove wider on them with a short stack than I would versus an unknown opponent.

And it is easier not to get riled up from nasty comments when you take them for the statements of ignorance/free information that they actually are. When you use their insult to make more money from them, then you get the last laugh :)

Very solid advice. Thank you!

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to pay attention to them, because by and large talking with such players is a waste of time.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just ignore it and try to win as many chips as possible to annoy him :D

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

This is spot on! Anytime there are negative comments coming my way, it is a huge advantage. I welcome that kind of negative energy being thrown at me. There have been distracted and tend to play different.

Like the poster said here, they are not a skilled player who understands the game.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot of times it is best to ignore, because they thrive off of the attention. Even if it is negative attention.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]1- doesn't answer[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]2- react aggressive just like him[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]3- mock her aggressiveness[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]4- or would do something else.[/COLOR]​

I think that the best thing to do is to try and extract value from such players. Increasing his level of tilt is the best thing to do. Some gentle joke will do for a start.

D

darkfox

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Replying

I find it amusing when someone tries to put me on tilt. I like the competitiveness of it. As long as it doesn't get too raunchy or offensive ie. racial slurs, sexist remarks etc. poker poking is tolerable being called a donkey when I am in fact being a donkey lol.

nurjemal

nurjemal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think everything is real here
the support service must solve problems
if you've been badly insulted
it is necessary to contact the support service

Top 10 Games