Chips
Pocket 7is one of my favorite starting hands so I'd be risking my stack #🔥77

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to treat 77 as a speculative hand if I have healthy chip stack, say more than 30 BBs. To me this means 2.2XBB raise, or limp, if I am out of position, depending upon make up of the table. If I am short stacked then this is a different story. I will consider shoving.

1KrazyMofo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not how I'd play it all the time, but most likely limp/folding flop bets calling turn bets and unfortunatly calling / shoving rivers.

M

Mateo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would probably have shoved river. I wish my thinking was at the level where I could consider their range but I know it's not. Got to practice!

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after watching the video, I would say it was played correct till the river. When I saw the re-raise, the only thing the Villain could have was Q8 in my evaluation. I agree with Torelli. A river all in should have never been in the conversation or thought process....

Even though GTO says to raise with the 7s Full, with it being early tournament, not having a whole lot of info on your opp. yet, and with a lot of poker still to be played I would have just called the river. Cause like Torelli said, there are alot of hands that can still beat you in this spot, and based off how the hand was played I have nothing to fear when it comes to offering tells to my opp. by flipping over a 77 at showdown. Its completely within standard range to play under the circumstances. By raising you are forcing yourself to put more chips into a pot taking away from your effective stack where your lost chips are more valuable then the chips you win (Tournament ICM theory). Cause like Torelli said, most players will not be bluffing this spot. So why re-raise, if you don't have anything to lose by showing 77 at showdown, knowing you are at the bottom of a possible river Re-raise range? Your not getting value, cause only hands that are stronger then yours are gonna call, or Jam. Anything less is gonna fold.

Anjo

Anjo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As my stack is reasonably good I would just call.
It's one down in my opinion.
Now if they increase more than 3 BB I give foud.

Leomil

Leomil

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With and 15-25 bb stack, I would limp and shove all in some cases, and others I would just fold the hand

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands