How Would You Define a "Strong Player" ?

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me a good player is some one who do not despair playing bad hands,and most important he let go a good hand if there is a chance off the villain have one better.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
A good player is one who reads the game better rivals who is patient, do not despair pulling a good hand at any time if he thinks that is below the rival

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A good play has the ability to fold a hand at any time when they know they are beat. A good player knows when to enter a hand and from what position. A good player reads his opponents well. A good player can wait for quality starting hands. A good player also knows when he can pick their spot to try and steal blinds in Tournaments.

J

jdmBlue

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have a well defined game. You are clear about how you want to play and can adapt to the table values.

Good bank roll management. If you practice good money management you can have financial success without being the best player in the world.

Develop passion for card play and get lots of table time. 20 to 40 hours a week should keep your game in order. The better you see whats going on the better you play. When your mind is really clicking poker values you should do well.

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A good player:
Is always planning three moves ahead,
Has already considered the fact you might just blind shove on the turn before he ever commits a chip to the pot before the flop.
Has emotions but they are totally in check,
Is someone who induces calls when he wants them and folds when he does not.
Is never married to a hand if he knows he's beat and a bluff won't work he gives it up.
Is never rude or disrespectful at or away from the tables.
Maintained the same heart beat with a royal flush that he has looking down a 7 duece.
Can literally read your hole cards straight though your soul.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
someone who doesn't make very low percentage ridiculous calls for way too much of their chip stack.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

A person that wins from time to time and then hits some luck bet to keep playing. The luck bet is needed cause that is just what everyone wants. To win once in a while and not really hongo the wins. It is even good to make software help the bad players win. Say a good player wins 60-70 percent of time. An ok player wins 30-40 percent of time. this would keep them gambling.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
In my opinion, a good player is a player who has the patience and discipline to always wait for strong cards.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe that a good player has three compulsory components.
1. Patience.
2. Discipline.
3. And a clear system of control of financial risks.

AMTTT

AMTTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a good poker player, who calmly plays and does not get upset at a loss, no aches and can control their emotions, never angry in the game and not rude, does less call and tries not to squander your chips, thinks his game and basically plays 100 % card does stupid bluffs, which can lose a lot of chips

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing without emotions may work for some,but i'm jumping out of my chair and shouting/fist pumping all the time,,,,passion is good if can channel it to make good decisions. :ridinghor

E

Elvis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When someone doesn't do mistakes often have a strategy and can bluff.

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good player is not subject to emotions during the game.
This is the biggest leak in my game thanks for sharing! Good luck on the felts!!

Playing without emotions may work for some,but i'm jumping out of my chair and shouting/fist pumping all the time,,,,passion is good if can channel it to make good decisions. :ridinghor
Preach! Thats so meeeeeeeeee:D:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really think it all comes down to how they bet and when and how many hands they play

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A good poker player plays aggressively and knows how to control his bankroll.

Serkish

Serkish

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally for me a good player means a good LAG. I would never consider a tight player / nit a good one, even though they might be winning players at some stakes.

A good player:
Is always planning three moves ahead,
Has already considered the fact you might just blind shove on the turn before he ever commits a chip to the pot before the flop.
Has emotions but they are totally in check,
Is someone who induces calls when he wants them and folds when he does not.
Is never married to a hand if he knows he's beat and a bluff won't work he gives it up.
Is never rude or disrespectful at or away from the tables.
Maintained the same heart beat with a royal flush that he has looking down a 7 duece.
Can literally read your hole cards straight though your soul.

I agree with both of these quotes the most. A nit is predictable except to fish and is easy to get away from. Where as with a LAG, they are hard to predict and can easily put an opponent into TILT and profit off the mistakes of the tilted.

The second quote is a good one, as good characters to have. Combine that with LAG player and good luck trying to win against him/her.