How to throw two pairs off the flop?

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why are you so sure that an opponent must have an AA pocket pair? If you are not sure in your pair, then it is better to throw out of course.

BnaD

BnaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a cooler. It happens. Practice proper bankroll management it becomes nothing more than a meh.

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I make a cbet a little high because, besides protecting my hand, some players will pay me with a pair but always be careful to take a crack in the coast

S

Santistakill

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You with two pair on the flop, opens possibility for full house on the turn and river. You have to check the playing style of your opponent, if he is an aggressive player you can do slow on it. If a weak player, you must be aggressive and try to get the most chips. 3-bet on the flop and 50% of the pot on the turn!

R

RicardoTolfo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I make a cbet and see if how many they pay me or if have re-raise. But a opponent having AA is a bad lucky...

A

Andy_mirON

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was just a cooler.
You can read the player and his bet, his style of play, but throw away that hand in this situation it is very difficult ... because in most cases you will be ahead of the opponent .... and you know it ...

h1seless

h1seless

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is just variance and it does happen but not to often so we just have to go with the flow of poker even Pros have these issues in there carrier.
The fact of the matter is that this constantly happens in my case, if I have two pairs on the flop, the opponent has a set

invisible10

invisible10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not folding 2 pairs on flop especially top two unless theres possible flush or straights and i have a good read on opponent

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pot control?

This is a bad beat (to a point...) and variance. If I was out of position with your hand, I’d open pre, get raised by AA, and call off. I’d then have them on a strong hand. Post flop, I’d c-bet 2 pair, get raised again, and call off thinking I’m either behind or they can’t put kings down. On the turn, I’d check, and if they bet large again, I’d grumble fold.

You can’t value every top two pair hoping to get a house. You’re blocking your outs, and at best, you’ve got 16% to turn the house.

Don’t lose hope and keep playing.

I really like this assessment of the situation. If you're not able to get away from the hand, I'd suggest trying to control the pot so you take minimal hit to your bankroll/chip stack.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happened to me also to loose with top 2 pairs flopped versus straight but in general having flopped 2 pairs you should push. Yes some times you will loose but in a long run this is the correct play. Situations where i would be careful and eventually fold 2 pairs is if these are fulfilled:

1. There are 2 or even 3 cards from the same suit on board (and i don't have such suit) or cards on the flop are connectors
2. The other player is rather tight

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually bet when I am with two pairs and I have won more of the lost in him because I find it very difficult in online poker to lose with two pairs.

scorpi224

scorpi224

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would probably all in after the flop , if the opponent has A A that it's just my luck that is dead rofl

Batarang96

Batarang96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Giving your opponent credit for a set of any kind is pretty generous. In this case, 8's are the most likely set, as you block AA and QQ. And of course if you 3-bet before the flop, 8's are less likely. It depends on how aggressively your opponent bets, but most of the time, I would say no, you can't fold here.

K

kceow2981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only way I might be able to throw away this hand by the river is if straight and flushes got there by the river and my opponent was being super aggro. Besides that I'd have a hard time doing so and most of the time I feel like you'd have to continue because there are a decent amount of worse hands that you could be extracting value from

R

rmcneice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The fact of the matter is that this constantly happens in my case, if I have two pairs on the flop, the opponent has a set

I know it seems that way but it isn't. Probably happens as often as you set your pair against two pair or top pair and kicker. The losing side hurts more so you remember those. When you win it's what you planned on happening so it's just another not so memorable one in the win column.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure

I am not sure there is anything you can do there. There is no reason to fold with top two. You are just going to give up a lot of chips.

natasha555

natasha555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Coolers are many, I do not pay attention to them, I'm not lucky, that's all.:hmmmm: