How to stop losing in poker?

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I asked, “How to stop losing in poker”?
He replied, “Answer is very simple. Just stop playing poker”.
I was not expecting such an answer nor do I have any intentions to say good-bye to the poker.
So he added “minimize and maximize”.
Then he explained” if you were dealt with 100 hands and you played 10 hands. Out of those 10 hands you lose 5 hands and gain 5 hands. What would be your score? Depending on your way of playing it could be loss or gain or no-loss no-gain. But if you could minimize your loses in those 5 losing hands and maximize your gains in those 5 gaining hands then things could be different. I saw many players who lose 3 or 4 hands in a row. Then they come up with one big gaining hand which generates enough to cover their losses. Additionally they emerged as gaining hand”.
I think that is where skill and experience comes into play. What do you think?

Last edited:
S

Sunshinerise

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The best thing is to be in condition to play it. That mean you need to be come and to play only a few hours per day. Thats gurarantee you will win ! Get your CHI :p

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The major reason why it is impossible to make profit in poker, is stretched. And more often players try to recoup from minus, than continue a victorious session. In this case it is lost more, than it was saved up for the long period, and premature withdrawal of money at victories minus does not cover. Of course, it is not recommended to tighten victorious sessions too, but attempts to recoup in unsuccessful days become more often the reason of constant minus.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, in order to win, you must have enough experience.
You can get experience by playing freerolls. And it will be absolutely free.
In this way, you can stop losing money and start gaining valuable experience for future victories.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
How to stop losing in poker?
As you yourself said the simplest answer is to stop playing ... but being serious I would tell you some things that have worked for me ...
1. Never play when you are stressed or tired or thinking that you have to do some personal things later ...
2. Never set very high goals that you can not reach ... for example in my personal case if I'm playing at the cash tables ... I never set a goal where I have to earn $ 100 a day ... because that will generate extra pressure to you as long as you do not achieve that goal ... and end up taking risks that will make you lose everything ...
3. Never think that you will become a millionaire in a day ...
4. My first goal is very simple to try not to lose ... that way I will have won what I have not lost ... after that, everything I earn is profit ..!

Insomnia6590

Insomnia6590

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you do not want to lose then you have to win
the best recipe for winning :p;)

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
In such cases, I always take a break, rest.
After a rest, I start to play a lot better.
Break and rest are always helping me.
Good luck.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
have to pick your spots and be patient

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first answer was correct.
If you can afford to lose a bit more, you can improve your skills.

Alternatively, but it takes 4ever: stick to freerolls (free money wise, but they do require something:
- time
- computer
- electricity
- internet

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i lose in poker, but i don't lose money. i have a conservative bankroll management that let me only earn money each month.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very clever. Only play on a rested head.The more you play the more you lose.Rarely a permanent have luck

S

Saurkraut

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree with canebero,bankroll management,everyone faces downswings and badbeats its how you adjust to them to keep profitable.