How are players able to win hand after hand after hand

N

NeoBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have started playing again cash games. I have been seeing this players with huge stakes 3-6 time buy-in never folding winning with hands i wouldn't play and i am loose I hardly see anyone play them like 3 6 s and win. How is this possible. How can these players win every hand there is usually 3 players at the table that are doing this. How is this possible to never lose a hand fold very little and win. Doesn't make sense to me. If they played strong hands every time i could understand that but they play hands that wouldnt be so good and win. Am i missing something. Please advise me. I am on ACR.

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Almost certainly it is short-term variance.

L

LSTBrand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I kno what you mean, already all in preflop and raise everything...
Than they turned the river or direktly the tripss... OMG...

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of these kind of plays occurs at low stakes.
There are two possibilities-
1- the cards are favouring to them.
2- the 3-4 players on the table are Carteling and knows their cards very well.

Aleays remember Cash in a hand is more wothy than Cash in the pot.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Agreed - it is most likely variance. In order to be sure, you have to review every session you play, make notes on these no-fold-em players and see if you can figure out what is happening. This will take a lot of time, unless you use a HUD.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have started playing again cash games. I have been seeing this players with huge stakes 3-6 time buy-in never folding winning with hands i wouldn't play and i am loose I hardly see anyone play them like 3 6 s and win. How is this possible. How can these players win every hand there is usually 3 players at the table that are doing this. How is this possible to never lose a hand fold very little and win. Doesn't make sense to me. If they played strong hands every time i could understand that but they play hands that wouldnt be so good and win. Am i missing something. Please advise me. I am on ACR.

Are those players playing multiple tables and winning overall? If yes, it's not variance, it's skill. They are regulars playing a wide range of hands and taking advantage of the other players' post flop mistakes. And yes, playing strong starting hands in a predictable way is very much a mistake.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well you are missing the same thing I am, my only guess is that they are very lucky, something I am not. I avoid those players if possible until they cool off a bit.

D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I totally feel you - just happened to me yesterday in PS Freeroll..a very bad game for me, think I was under the first 10 or 20 people to loose ^^

Hand that killed me: I go all in with few chips and AQo, one player calls with KQo - I'm like yeijj! But then, the only card which could have eliminated me came on the flop: a King. Bad luck or variance, I would say..in most cases I would have won this scenario.

Cheers

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think we should go and start from ourselves, not on the occasion. That is, if someone goes all in, it is better to reset. And go all in yourself in a good situation. Dictate your rules at the table, and do not go on about it. If the opponent puts 3 bets and you have a good card, push him 6 bets or all in. Don't wait for someone to shove you. Yes, by the way, and try your luck in multitop, it's funny, say if three went all in in Omaha, and you have J10QK then why not take a chance and ride with them. Simply so. Don't worry, it's a game. Though for money, but still a game.

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Lucky animals! if I had that luck I would be grinding wsop main events for profit!

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
they are players who are 24 hours at the cash table and who are there for recreation and not to make a lot of money. I think that my opinion will correct me if I'm wrong!

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck Bad luck its all magic lol

Comarata3456

Comarata3456

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck I think it is mere luck capable that with a little variance and knowing how to play too

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Keep playing your best and don't fall into temptation. I know it sucks but luck doesn't last.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am sure it is just a coincidence. No doubt, if you had the opportunity to follow this player's game for a week or two, you would be able to see for yourself that it was just a coincidence.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I remember years ago in the early days of party poker I sat down at a cash table, most likely 10/20 Limit Hold Em, but so long ago I cant be sure. I won every hand for at least a dozen or more hands. I was on top of the world thinking I was going to make so much money and then the table quickly broke up and everyone vanished.

G

goozfrahbah

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
probably complete luck, I've seen players being idiots on tourneys also, I watched a guy all in like 15-20 hands in a row and he won every single hand, even with stupid cards like 5/8 off. It was really ridiculous to watch and actually made me question the legitimacy because it was so out of control.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
maybe they are lucky and they know it. also believing that makes them play with more confidence and if they are smart they can build pots to then bluff you out because they know you don't have anything and will fold.

S

StreetPhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of these kind of plays occurs at low stakes.
There are two possibilities-
1- the cards are favouring to them.
2- the 3-4 players on the table are Carteling and knows their cards very well.

Aleays remember Cash in a hand is more wothy than Cash in the pot.

I am still a little new at this and don't know the term "Carteling" please enlighten me.
Kind Regards,
StreetPhd

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These players are not afraid to lose and in general this is the nature of the game, they behave aggressively and on this day they are simply lucky. Try to play and learn how to beat the field in fast poker Zoom or Snap and you will immediately understand when you have a strong card in your hand despite your opponent's top pair.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes variance likes to favor players who do not fold any of their hands. I have been witnesses of it on several occasions and personally I avoid playing against them because even with AA. you're probably going to lose anyway. all we can do is fold and wait until it is no longer favored by the variance.

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are those players playing multiple tables and winning overall? If yes, it's not variance, it's skill. They are regulars playing a wide range of hands and taking advantage of the other players' post flop mistakes. And yes, playing strong starting hands in a predictable way is very much a mistake.
With such players, you should not play strong hands at all, the only solution is to all-in on the preflop. Because in any case, they will call all your bets and raises and can collect a hand stronger than your pocket AA or KK. This is from my own experience, 85 Percent of my pocket pairs from Queens to aces I lost to such players allowing them to look at the cards Deshevo, you at least put half the Bank they will answer.

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am still a little new at this and don't know the term "Carteling" please enlighten me.
Kind Regards,
StreetPhd
He meant that players play together, that is, three or even five players sit at the table and they all know each other's cards, you sit down with them and they strip you to the skin then wait for the next victim.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands